What's new

2nd Annual Thanksgiving "Smoke Your Rare Cigar" Weekend

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Last year, I started a cool event that I hoped I could continue...I was thinking last year that most of us are always waiting for that one day to smoke that one great cigar, but sometimes years go by without it happening...We might keep waiting and waiting and waiting...

So, for the second year, I propose that we have a smoke out over this Thanksgiving weekend (anytime between Thursday and Sunday night) where everyone who wants to participate will smoke one of those cigars they never get around to smoking...either because it is "too rare" or because it has some special meaning to you...

Then, everyone will post reviews or general impressions of the cigar in the comments section of this post...make it as long as you want, but keep it concise :)

What am I going to smoke? Well, here is what is in store for this weekend...

They are:

* RyJ Romeos (Réplica de Humidor Antiguo in 2008-Only 250 Humidors released World Wide)
* Opus Maduro Robusto (from the Forbidden X humidor in 2002- 0nly 100 Humidors Released)
* Garcia Tampa Clear Havana from the 1920's

Happy Thanksgiving :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I like the idea Brooks!

So, to smoke something special, I will fire up my only T52. A corona doble! Not exactly on par with Brooks.
Yeah I got nothing to match him haha.

My best cigar would probably be a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary Maduro. Maybe with all this talk about Cubans I'll spark up a RyJ Short Churchill.

I got a couple rarer cigars like CAO Rock n Roll edition (awesome looking maduro) and a CAO 615.

I'm a big CAO fan and a big Maduro fan.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Well I do have that Don Carlos Shark now, but uh I ain't smoking it yet. lol

I'll look around, I might have something to fit the bill. Maybe that Saka #9 I've been looking at for the past year or so.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Howdy All:

I am in for this.

I will probably smoke one of my cigars that I got while in Spain. And it is getting cold here but I bought an electric heater and an air purifier so will retreat to the garage and see how that goes.

Best regards, tony

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Maybe my JD4, maybe my AF WOAM, maybe a Tat Reserva from bdc.. who knows. Something good will get smoked this weekend though.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am in for this. I dont know when I will have time to smoke with all the family stuff going on, but I will make the time.

I have a handful of sticks that fit the description to a T. I am not sure what to grab, but the candidates are:

Family Reserve 45th, maduro or natural

Salomon with well over a year on it

East or West

Decisions, Decisions

biggie55

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I was undecided up until I stumbled upon the Anejo special running on the "cigar deal" section.

My after dinner smoke will be the lone Anejo in my humidor. Hopefully I can squeeze in another cigar which will be Padron 1964. Both smokes purchased almost 2 years ago after a tour in Iraq.

Great opportunity to relax, reflect and be thankful!

Rating - 100%
62   0   1
I won't get back to my top shelf humi until Sunday, but may just have to spark one of my older Opus for the ocassion.....we'll see. Great idea!

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Man great idea! After normal T-Day feasts I'm headed to the lake house for opening weekend of duck season. I always take a good haul with me for the weekend, but I'll dig deep tonight and pick out something really good.

Hrmm, I have an older Opus X "A", a Padron 1964 "A" that was a gift to me a few years back, a old Opus X double corona as well. They are all such big smokes though and I'm more of a robusto guy anymore. Decisions, decisions.