What's new

3 Officers Slain in Oakland, CA

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
Killed Saturday were motorcycle officer Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, and Sgts. Ervin Romans, 43, and Daniel Sakai, 35, both members of the SWAT team. The other motorcycle officer, John Hege, 41, was in grave condition, officials said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/21/MNVB16KU75.DTL

Rest In Peace Brothers, you will never be forgotten and will walk side by side with each of your brothers working everyday.

End of Watch - March 21, 2009

On a side note, at least the suspect is dead! May he rot in hell, suffering for all of eternity!

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
a just hate people sometimes...I mean WTF!?! I hope he is Saadam's bitch in hell! ( I know spelling is wrong...on phone at work) Thoughts and prayers with the officer's families.

Last edited:

sportsmedjosh

CRA Member: 211528
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Oakland isn't such a great city and from what I heard some areas of the city were celebrating the death of the cops. There is really a lot of tension in the SF bay area especially with the BART shooting a couple months back and now this.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
We had and incident similar to this a few years ago with the RCMP. We lost 4 that day and even now the wounds are still fresh. There will always be those with no respect for human life or those that protect it. I wish to give no thought to who did it as they would like us to remember them. Instead just remember what these men and there families have given up to keep the rest of us safe.

dpmrpa

Indiscriminate Bomber
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Killed Saturday were motorcycle officer Sgt. Mark Dunakin, 40, and Sgts. Ervin Romans, 43, and Daniel Sakai, 35, both members of the SWAT team. The other motorcycle officer, John Hege, 41, was in grave condition, officials said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/03/21/MNVB16KU75.DTL

Rest In Peace Brothers, you will never be forgotten and will walk side by side with each of your brothers working everyday.

End of Watch - March 21, 2009

On a side note, at least the suspect is dead! May he rot in hell, suffering for all of eternity!
Sorry about your loss Bill. The motorcycle club I ride with "Buffalo Soldiers" is about 80% law enforcement including several judges. I feel for u guys each time I hear something like this. MY chapter of the club donates to the local FOP each year $$ toward familes of fallen police officers in PA.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Like you said Bill, at least that scumbag got what he had coming to him! I can't stand cop killers!

BrandonJ

I <3 Eric.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Bless them and their families.

I have a lot of family in public service police/fire. This makes me sick to hear. I cannot believe the attitude many people have towards police. That is of course until they need them. RIP

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
It takes a special type of person to become a police officer. My thoughts go out to the families and friends. There is just no reason for this to happen.