What's new

34,000 Jobs shed in 1 day Circuit City

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Going out of business as of yesterday. Another 34,000 jobs lost when will this end. All website opps shut down. Be Wary of Liquidation sales they always JACK up CLEARANCE PRICING and then drop 20% off its not worth it most of the time.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Hold on to what u got, this is going to be a long ride.........and this country thinks 1 man is going to save the day.....

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
At least the get 60 days pay due to federal labor laws but yeah I dont see a turn around any time soon. Wonder what the markets will look like on Monday.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I feel bad for the employees, but good riddance to Circuit City. What a ripoff of a company: terrible service, mediocre selection, absurd prices ($25 USB cables!), etc. It's amazing they lasted as long as they did.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I will really miss CC. I have gotten some very nice deals there. I purchased a high end Sony LCD there last September and I still have yet to find a lower price on it. I feel for the employees.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What a joke.

They started at 10% off today and you should see all the crap people are carrying out of there. I couldn't believe all the crap going out the door for a measley 10% and like Joliet says, I don't think anything was actually on sale even.

I do feel very sorry for the employees and you could tell it was rough on some of them. But most of them definitely had a who gives a shit attitude. Wouldn't help anyone, saw two of them just walking around the store talking on their cell phone and most of them were just hanging out in the back.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I just got my LCD replaced 2 weeks ago...I'm glad the old one went out when it did. Maybe I should see if I can get a refund on the 5 year warranty since they won't be able to fulfill it.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just got my LCD replaced 2 weeks ago...I'm glad the old one went out when it did. Maybe I should see if I can get a refund on the 5 year warranty since they won't be able to fulfill it.
You might be ok. They have a bunch of info on circuitcity.com

Are Circuit City's extended warranties affected by the liquidation?

* No. Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans® (extended warranties) have been backed by third-party independent companies for more than 15 years and as a result, are not impacted by Circuit City's closing.
* Currently, all Circuit City Advantage Protection Plans are fully backed by the Assurant Solutions companies. Assurant Solutions operates as Federal Warranty Service Corporation, Sureway, Inc., and United Service Protection, Inc. Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ), and its extended service contacts are backed by an Assurant insurance subsidiary rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Co.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Rob your refund is still secured by a thrid party insurer. So it will still be good if you have any probs just call the number on the paper work. ( that is for now at least I know BBuys 3rd party is owned by AIG and we all now where they are at right now:help: )

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
My younger sister was a manager there. I actually just found all of this out a few hours ago its a shame and no body is even hiring now so she doesn't know whats next. Hopefully something comes up.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I feel bad for the employees, but good riddance to Circuit City. What a ripoff of a company: terrible service, mediocre selection, absurd prices ($25 USB cables!), etc. It's amazing they lasted as long as they did.
They also had a "bait and switch" policy, which sucked. Sorry about the employees, though.