What's new

4 Tour Farm G. Chief

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
4 Tour Farm G. Chief
5 x 64 Belicoso

FourTour Farms description: This cigar we named the G Chief. This cigar is for when you are about to have a long, serious conversation. Whether you are meeting an elder in Sub-Sahara Africa or sitting down over brandy with the head of an eastern European military, this is the one cigar you pull out and share to make that impression. This is no three cups of tea bullshit. This beast is 5 inches long and has a 64 ring gauge. Light this up for an hour and a half and change the world. We start this large flavorful cigar off with Dominican Piloto, add in Nicaraguan Lijero, then use a smooth Honduran binder and, finally, wrap it with a beautiful Habano leaf. Pull this bad boy out when you have some time and want to relax after a long hard week.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: A squat (short w/broad shoulders) Belicoso sporting a triple cap. A gorgeous wrapper slightly glistening with oils and slight veins. If I might say this, it is intimidating! Why? It is just is – the taper to the head is fairly abrupt, and I can imagine having this in my mouth while trying to reel in a decent fish, and the bugger pops out of my mouth.
Score for aesthetics: 4.7

2) Pre-light Construction: A nicely rolled cigar shows no spongy spots and is firm from head to foot. A cut into the 2nd cap produces a comfortable draw, showing rich tobacco and earthiness. It fairly screams, “light me!”
Score for Pre-light construction: 4.6

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Wow, copious amounts of rich smoke! It retains the broad-shouldered stoutness throughout. The grey ash with black mottling is a bit flaky, but clings stubbornly, even in the stiff breeze while out fishing.
Score for post-light construction: 4.3

4) Flavor and strength: A nice full-bodied smoke that shows complexity throughout. I tried to put my fingers on flavors, but my mind wasn’t working that way. Hey, give a guy a break, I was on vacation and trying to do some mental shut-down/reboot. There were some hints of white pepper, nutmeg, but it was simply a rich tobacco flavor that was most enjoyable. I developed no bitterness requiring me to purge it, and it kept me satisfied till I had to nub it with only about a half of an inch left.
Score for flavor and strength: 4.6

5) Aftertaste/Finish: Pleasant, rich, tobacco. What did you expect, it is a cigar! What? You want me to be more descriptive? Get one yourself, you will enjoy it!
Score for aftertaste: 4.7

6) Aroma: An earthiness predominated, and something that hinted of corn sileage (if you do not know the smell, I am sorry… it is just… corn sileage-y.
Score for aroma: 4.5

7) General Comments: I only had one of these, but it is a size and shape that is appealing to begin with, and then the smoke itself was very enjoyable.
Overall score for the cigar.4.4

8) Recommendation: I would suggest you pick up a few to try. I enjoyed this one, and when I have the funds available, plan to pick up some more.