What's new

4 Tour Farm Silverback

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
4 Tour Farm Silverback
5.5 x 46 Corona
(I am guessing on size as it isn’t listed and I did not measure it. It was smoked while traveling the property up north on the ATV, checking on conditions and viewing wildlife.)

Makers comments on this line: I had an old First Sergeant in the 101st, star over his CIB, real mean, crusty SOB but he knew what he was talking about and was relentlessly devoted to his men. Those individuals are rare. So, to honor all the crusty old SOB’s out there, who are secretly teddy bears, we called this limited run cigar the Silverback. This is a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro from good ol’ USA (Connecticut River Valley to be specific). We used Dominican filler and bound it with a smooth leaf from Ecuador before wrapping it. This cigar boasts a thick, rich and an unmistakable flavor. Grab a box before they are just a memory! Fire one up and recall that crusty old Silverback in your life who was dedicated to developing you into what you are today.

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: A handsome corona, wrapped in visual chocolate, the Connie broadleaf wrapper on this stick was unusually devoid of obvious veins.
Score for aesthetics: 4.7

2) Pre-light Construction: Running this stick past the nostrils hints of bittersweet cocoa. A firm stick with some weight to it. After cutting, an experimental draw suggests that it will be on the tight side. One of the reasons I do not like to base a review on one sample.
Score for Pre-light construction: 3.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: Firmness did produce a tight draw that restricted the smoke output. It did burn evenly and was consistent from beginning to end, with an even burn and a sold gray-white ash.
Score for post-light construction: 2.9

4) Flavor and strength: Interesting complexity built throughout. The thinness of the smoke hindered a true assessment, but what was present was definitely enticing. A solid core of rich cocoa and earthiness were the dominant notes, on this full-bodied smoke.
Score for flavor and strength:4.7

5) Aftertaste/Finish: An enjoyable sweetness lingered heistantly.
Score for aftertaste/finish: 4.4

6) Aroma: I love it when a rich tobacco earthiness slips past my nose, one of my favorite pleasures with a cigar.
Score for aroma: 4.5

7) General Comments: Hindered by the difficult draw, this was still a nice cigar. Rich, bold, full-bodied, are the best descriptors I can use. It was enticing enough that I hope to sample an unplugged version, I believe this is a great smoke.

Overall score for the cigar: It does not feel fair to give an overall score on a flawed sample.

8) Recommendation: I would recommend you try these for yourself, I am going to try another!