What's new

.40 to .22 Pistol Conversion

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I'm looking for a pistol that can be converted from .22 to .40 with a simple barrel change.

I'm no big gun expert, so I'll keep it simple...

When i take my Springfiled xd .40 apart I can take the barrel right out. Is there a brand that i can just simply take apart like that and swap out the barrel for a .22 caliber?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You must buy a conversion kit for which ever handgun you choose to do this with. Nobody has made a .22 conversion for the XD, although XDguys have said they were working on one, that was 2 years ago.

The most widely available .22 conversion kits are available for Glock. They are made for any Glock you might own/choose to own. Such kits are also widely made for Sig and 1911's. Aside from those, you will have to search and see. There is more to it than just a barrel change though, recoil springs, magazine, etc. will need to be changed as well, but any kit will contain everything you need.

You won't be able to convert from .22 to .40, as any weapon that comes as a .22 couldn't handle the force of a .40. You will need to purchase a .40 then convert that to .22, then you can switch back any time you like. :)