What's new

40 year old port!

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
:cool:Well I hope it is okey to post this here, we had a herf with some friends last week and a dear friend who is in the wine buisness had a bottle of 40 year old port with him. Man I cant even describe all the flavors but I hope you guys like the pics, It was not easy opening it but fortunally my frined is a pro!

Attachments

Ed Monton

Sir Winston
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Nothing like a good port! I have to ask though, where was that bottle stored. I'm older than that and I'm in much better shape. :stretchgr

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Wow, I bet that was wonderful.

I have some ports saved up for when my kids get older.

How much sediment ended up in the strainer? Any idea what kind of strainer it was? Looks perfect for vintage ports.

Best regards, tony

Rating - 100%
99   0   1

How much sediment ended up in the strainer? Any idea what kind of strainer it was? Looks perfect for vintage ports.

Best regards, tony
That looked like a tea strainer. I keep one in my kit at work. they are great for so many things.

Ben that looks amazing. I never think to have port when I smoke. Looks like I might have to try that out.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

Best regards, tony
Yes it was a tea strainer and you see what got stuck in it, the bottle had been handled perfect and not moved for 4 days before opening it.

Attachments