What's new

5 Vegas Gold and a weird taste...

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was enjoying a 5 Vegas Gold yesterday and got about halfway through it when all of a sudden, I get this weird taste...kinda like when you bite into a piece of meat and you automatically know its bad because of the tangy taste ledt on the tongue? It was tangy like that. I ended up throwing it out. Any idea what this may have been?

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Some times you can get a tar buildup/ooze coming out of the head of the cigar. If you toungue touches it, you'll get a prety gross flavor in your mouth. My suggestion is make sure you are not smoking too fast. AND you can also clip 1/4 inch from the head and keep going.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Some times you can get a tar buildup/ooze coming out of the head of the cigar. If you toungue touches it, you'll get a prety gross flavor in your mouth. My suggestion is make sure you are not smoking too fast. AND you can also clip 1/4 inch from the head and keep going.
Might give it a quick purge too.

I don't recall having that issue with the 5 Vegas Gold.. but weird stuff happens and that weird taste you get sometimes can ruin a stick for ya. If a purge doesn't work, I'd do what dprice suggested and just cut it a little further up on the stick and get back at it.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Beatle?

Probably not an egg, but maybe a larva on the way out that died when they freezed it...:squinteye

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
it was weird...It was like the taste just enveloped my mouth and I couldn't get rid of it. Could that really have been a beetle?
Sure, it could have been, but I was just joking around. If I had to guess I would say something was in it, could have been a big stem or a piece of twine or paper. I found what looked like part of a cigar band in one one time.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Agree with Dave on the tar even though this isn't a cigar I'd expect it from.