What's new

5 vegas relic?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
anyone tried this smoke yet? a non-botl friend of mine bought a box and wants to sell me a 5'er. just curious if anyone has tried them yet and what they thought? thanks as always brothers.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Why not. Shoot a fiver is a great way to try something. I have tried the gold and liked them. Who knows. This could be a winner or not.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
yeah, he's a good guy and practically giving them to me anyway, just curious to hear a review. if they stink i can always send them off in bombs, haha.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Just got a box at the CI Superstore today for a box split with some other BOTL's. I don't know what they make the box from but it was like carrying a cinder block.

I fired one up in the lounge. It's a very nice looking cigar and the construction is very good. It had a bit of a tight draw that was remedied by rolling between my fingers. The flavor was very good, medium bodied. Burned pretty even the first half but the second half needed a few touchups. I'm gonna let my remaining sticks sleep a bit, probably a month or so. Then I'll try another.

Hardcore

BoM April '09
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I was curious about these too. I like the A series and was intrigued by the Relics appearance. Plus I am a sucker for perfectos.
The A was ok. I'll sill smoke it once in a blue moon. The Miami was done by Pepin. That one is good as well.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I REALLY want to try the Relic. I think the 5 Vegas line is great, I love the Gold and the A and Miami are great (not a huge fan of the Classic, but I can see why people like it).

The descriptions of the Relic's flavor profile sound great to me. I've read a few reviews, they are either very positive or neutral, but in each case those people obviously smoked them OTT since they literally just came out.

Anyway, I'm planning to trade for some once the initial frenzy dies down a bit.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It's okay but not a favorite.

I do quite enjoy the 5 Vegas Classic. Nice flavour for an every day kind of smoke. And a good one to give a cigar newbie - flavours are rich and easy to distinguish, it burns well, and it's not a powerhouse.

The Gold is a little too bland for my tastes. I much prefer a Man o War Virtue to scratch my Connecticut itch.

The A and triple A are pretty good, but again, there are a million other, better maduro smokes out there (even at the same low price point).

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I think the Vegas line is decent, especially for the price. I don't remember anything special about the relic, but it's been years. Still, at that price point, you're not going to lose much and I've never had one where I thought it was crap.