What's new

5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Triple-A Maduro Review

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
5 Vegas Series ‘A’ Triple-A Maduro Review

This is my 1st ever attempt at a cigar review, so bear with me. This is a strange cigar selection for me to review because I am not a big 5 Vegas fan. I have heard good things about the Triple-A so I decided to give it a shot. I bought a 5er and these cigars have been resting for 60 days.

I like the look of the Trip A. It is a slightly firm, tightly wrapped Maduro that is a rich deep dark chocolate in color. The two bands are a gorgeous gold that really makes the chocolate pop. If you did not know better you might think the MSRP was greater than the $7.00 they ask for the stick. The scent before lighting is a little bland and disappointing. Nothing much there in the way of scent.

After lighting, you experience a nice smooth even draw. Nice flavors, typical of a decent Maduro, earthy and slightly sweet. Not really spicy or peppery like I like. Pretty mild, but still tasty.

Second 3rd the cigar begins to open up a bit. The espresso and cocoa flavors begin to shine through. Slight hints of pepper but still not as much as I hope for. Of course you also get bits of leather and oak. Although the right flavors are there, they don’t stand out as much as I like. The cigar is still good, don’t get me wrong.

The finally 3rd gets a little creamier and I begin to taste the flavors I enjoy in the last 3rd of a smoke. This is definitely the best 5 Vegas I have had so far. The draw and the burn have remained consistent throughout the cigar. If you are a fan of 5 Vegas, I think you will enjoy this smoke even more than I did.

Overall the experience was pleasant and I will smoke another. All in all I would say the 5 Vegas Series “A” Triple-A Maduro was a very good smoke, not great, but for the money, very good. I suggest you give one a try for yourself or if you have please let me know what you thought.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think you did outstanding for your first review.....Great job!!! :thumbsup:
You should try the Vegas 5 "Cask Strength" I think it has what your looking for in the Vegas line.

BQuain

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I received this cigar in my bomb from Shuckins. Sounds like a good smoke...thanks for the review and i took my notes for when i smoke.

B.Quain

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I think you did outstanding for your first review.....Great job!!! :thumbsup:
You should try the Vegas 5 "Cask Strength" I think it has what your looking for in the Vegas line.
I have not tried the "Cask Strength". Since I like most things with the word "Cask" in it I should give this a try.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Great Job on your first review! i'll have to get 5 of
these and let 'er rip!:thumbsup::smokingbo

By the way, that's one hell of an ashtray you've got there.
I'm saying to myself. Did he just put his stick on a deck of
cards "for show"?!? *lol* :scratchhe (Great attention to detail!):grinFU:

Cigar Cowboy

BoY...in Hell!!!
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Great Job on your first review! i'll have to get 5 of
these and let 'er rip!:thumbsup::smokingbo

By the way, that's one hell of an ashtray you've got there.
I'm saying to myself. Did he just put his stick on a deck of
cards "for show"?!? *lol* :scratchhe (Great attention to detail!):grinFU:
:stretchgr

Billinois

The boss with the sauce
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I just bought three of these on cigarbid and I am looking forward to trying them when they arrive. Got a pretty decent deal and think I will like them based on your review.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice review

Its PA Broadleaf and AJ made does it resemble a Diesel?

Also what Rogue is that? Chipotle? I've been meaning to try that but it just seems too odd.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx for the review - nicely done. I used to smoke a lot of the A series before the Triple A came out and enjoy them both. They are a good smoke for the price and you can usually pick up both of them online for a lot less than $7 each too. I would also recommend the Cask Strength, as some others have.