What's new

5 Vegas short Lancero (Panatela) OMG!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been trying to get into lanceros without breaking the bank. Unfortunately cbid rarely has any. Managed to win a couple of Avos, a couple of PdRs and a fiver of 5 Vegas Classic Panatelas (6 x 38) for $7. The few other lanceros they had were boxes or overpriced IMHO.

Decided to start with the 5V. Perhaps my weird experience is because this is the first stick I've smoked ROTT in a long time, I'm not sure.

The thing was strong as hell! I mean after about four puffs I was spinning. I had to slow way down. And I'm not exactly a nicotine lightweight. Haven't felt like this since the last time I smoked a bowl of XX twist.

It was also a massive pepper bomb which I'm not used to since I started resting everything 6+ months.

After the first third it evened out and tasted ok, but that first bit was overwhelming. Had to smoke so slowly that it actually went out a couple of times. Is this typical 5 Vegas Classic, typical lancero, or did I just forget what ROTT is like? Yikes.

The only 5V I smoked before was a 5V Gold which I didn't particularly care for, but a fiver for $7 was something I couldn't pass up.

EDIT: And I smoked it after a meal, at a typical time and place, etc for me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I'm gonna say this is more typical of a lance than a 5V. The 5V Classic is much stronger than the Gold, but not exactly butt-kicking material.

Could also be a ROTT factor, but I think more so it's the lance vitola that did it. First time I smoked a Padron lance, it almost put me on the floor, and it had plenty of rest...

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Could also be a ROTT factor, but I think more so it's the lance vitola that did it. First time I smoked a Padron lance, it almost put me on the floor, and it had plenty of rest...
^^ This! More Nicotine is present the fresher a cigar is. That's been my experience anyways. They'll settle down with a couple months rest!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine, but I've smoked many (non lancero) cigars ROTT, and nothing's ever hit me that hard.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I mostly smoke medium stuff and the 5V classics are described as medium, but can only smoke them comfortably on occasion. Inconsistency is what you deal with when smoking cheapies.