What's new

5 Vegas

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I was just wondering what everyone thought of the 5 Vegas line and what their favorite of them may be. I had a Classic tonight (for the second time) and it pretty good. Just wondering what the consensus was and if there are others in the line I should try.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I think they're decent, budget smokes. I liked the classic and didn't care for the gold or gold Maduro. I think the AAA made by AJ Fernandez is a fantastic, full bodied smoke. Never tried any of the others.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The gold Maduro was better that the plain gold, IMO. The few plain golds I had were like smoking air & had a tightish draw with barely any flavor at all. If you can find the gold Maduro on a "daily deal" or whatever CI calls it, they're worth a try to see if they'll fit the bill for you. The price is right, that's for sure. Again, the AAA is one of my favorite full bodied smokes so far.

JP8

USAF Retired
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You should get a mixed sampler and see if you like any of the other lines. I personally didn't care for the gold or cask strength lines. But people have different tastes.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
First off, it's pronounced in SPANISH, so it's "Cinco Vegas", not "Five Vegas." I say that to save you the same embarrassment I experienced at a herf, lol.

The Classic is blended by the EO guys (from 601, etc), and is decent with some age on it.

The Gold is blended by Nestor Plascencia and is very good for a flavorful mild cigar. I've heard from a lot of people who don't like "mild" cigars but were amazed at how much they enjoyed the cinco Gold. With about 2-years of age they taste like butter and spices ... really nice.

The Miami is blended by Janny Garcia (Jaime's sister), and is a great budget smoke if you like that profile.
-----A bit of Nate history: THIS is the cigar i was smoking in early 2008 when I thought to myself ... I really need start a home humidor so I can stock up on cigars! And the rest is history :)

The AAA is blended by AJ Fernandez and is a strong, dark maduro. It has a PA Broadleaf wrapper, but is more dark (like the Diesel) and less sweet (like the LHC Oscuro Fuerte or the Broadleaf Tats). It's a good stick if you need something stronger 'cuz you've already had another cigar in the day. I prefer some of AJ's other offerings (MoW Ruination and Puro Authentico, Diesel, etc), but this is one that full-bodied cigar lovers should try because they are good quality and cheap.

The Relic is boring fresh but decent with age, I haven't had one in a long time so can't really comment further.

I've never had the Gold Maduro.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i like the A and the AAA.
i almost always have a few of each in my humidor. jusst tack a 5 pack on to an order here and there.
all the other ones are ok but not worth spending money on. ill smoke em if i have em, but i wont ever seek them out.

Coop

Fight
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only had a couple AAA that were gifted to me. Defiantly a nice budget smoke when you get them on the CI daily deal. Not sure if I would drop $100 on a box of them

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Thanks to everyone for the outline, and especially nj stone for saving me future embarrasment and giving a great break down. Treefrogfrank sent me a PH and sounds like he might hook me up with some to try. Thanks again brothers.

First off, it's pronounced in SPANISH, so it's "Cinco Vegas", not "Five Vegas." I say that to save you the same embarrassment I experienced at a herf, lol.

The Classic is blended by the EO guys (from 601, etc), and is decent with some age on it.

The Gold is blended by Nestor Plascencia and is very good for a flavorful mild cigar. I've heard from a lot of people who don't like "mild" cigars but were amazed at how much they enjoyed the cinco Gold. With about 2-years of age they taste like butter and spices ... really nice.

The Miami is blended by Janny Garcia (Jaime's sister), and is a great budget smoke if you like that profile.
-----A bit of Nate history: THIS is the cigar i was smoking in early 2008 when I thought to myself ... I really need start a home humidor so I can stock up on cigars! And the rest is history :)

The AAA is blended by AJ Fernandez and is a strong, dark maduro. It has a PA Broadleaf wrapper, but is more dark (like the Diesel) and less sweet (like the LHC Oscuro Fuerte or the Broadleaf Tats). It's a good stick if you need something stronger 'cuz you've already had another cigar in the day. I prefer some of AJ's other offerings (MoW Ruination and Puro Authentico, Diesel, etc), but this is one that full-bodied cigar lovers should try because they are good quality and cheap.

The Relic is boring fresh but decent with age, I haven't had one in a long time so can't really comment further.

I've never had the Gold Maduro.