What's new

5 Vegas

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Although I'm a n00b (maybe because of it), I really like the Classic, the Gold, and the AAA.

Oddly, never had a burn problem with a 5 Vegas other than the Gold Maduro. Usually they stay lit and burn pretty evenly. But with the Gold Maduro, every single time there were issues of them just burning out for no identifiable reason.

When in doubt, smoke
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I always liked them and usually keep a few on hand. The relic, miami and cask strength are my favorites. The reds aren't bad and the maduro is pretty good too. I keep telling myself I'm going to buy a box of the relics but never seem to get to it.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Good thing I asked people about these, cigars.com were saying that the Gold is one of the best milds of the year, almost had me fooled...
In this case I think they're right actually. You can find them a cbid for about $2/stick, let them age just a couple months and they are very good mild cigar indeed.

Some people just don't like mild sticks period. Some palets get nothing out of them.

Try to smoke mild cigars early in the day, when your palate is fresher.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
In this case I think they're right actually. You can find them a cbid for about $2/stick, let them age just a couple months and they are very good mild cigar indeed.

Some people just don't like mild sticks period. Some palets get nothing out of them.

Try to smoke mild cigars early in the day, when your palate is fresher.
Thanks for the tip. The only mild ones I have right now are the MOW Virtue (decent) and so had been looking to maybe get a few more mild (also to have on mind if I have people over that prefer mild).

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Thanks for the tip. The only mild ones I have right now are the MOW Virtue (decent) and so had been looking to maybe get a few more mild (also to have on mind if I have people over that prefer mild).
There are plenty of great mild cigars out there, but first you have to like mild cigars, lol. Lots of Connecticut Shade sticks in particular:

Perdomo Champagne
Ashton
EPC New Wave
MoW Virtue (especially the lonsdale)
Rocky Patel Connecticut and Vintage 99
5 Vegas Gold
CAO Gold
Oliva Connecticut
Camacho Connecticut

And there are TONS of great sticks that are more like mild-medium in body but still fairly mellow:
Illusione Singulare Phantom
Illusione Epernay
Cabaiguan natural (Tatuaje)
El Triunfador #6 (Tatuaje)
Tobacco Baez (Pepin)
Arturo Fuente Hemingway
Arturo Fuente 858
CAO Black
and about a billion more, lol

A lot depends on the condition of your palate when smoking. If you smoke something mild in the evening, you might not get anything out of it at all "this has no flavor". If you smoke the same cigar during morning devotions or what not, you might find it delicious.

The reason for this is that BODY is the mechanism by which flavor is delivered (that's my own theory, and it's trademarked, lol). Body is how the smoke effects your palate, and if it doesn't effect you enough then you will not get any flavor (and if it effects you too much, the flavors will be muted and muddy).

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
There are plenty of great mild cigars out there, but first you have to like mild cigars, lol. Lots of Connecticut Shade sticks in particular:

Perdomo Champagne
Ashton
EPC New Wave
MoW Virtue (especially the lonsdale)
Rocky Patel Connecticut and Vintage 99
5 Vegas Gold
CAO Gold
Oliva Connecticut
Camacho Connecticut

And there are TONS of great sticks that are more like mild-medium in body but still fairly mellow:
Illusione Epernay
Tobacco Baez (Pepin)
Arturo Fuente Hemingway
Arturo Fuente 858
CAO Black
and about a billion more, lol

A lot depends on the condition of your palate when smoking. If you smoke something mild in the evening, you might not get anything out of it at all "this has no flavor". If you smoke the same cigar during morning devotions or what not, you might find it delicious.

The reason for this is that BODY is the mechanism by which flavor is delivered (that's my own theory, and it's trademarked, lol). Body is how the smoke effects your palate, and if it doesn't effect you enough then you will not get any flavor (and if it effects you too much, the flavors will be muted and muddy).
Thanks alot for the list. Yea figured there would be a lot, were you saying that you recommend those in the first list? Or were you just putting some you knew off the top of your head? Also thanks for the info about the timing of when to smoke it, makes sense to me. Thanks for taking that time.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
They're all worth a try, imvho. My favorite non-Cuban milds would be:

Ashton
EPC New Wave
Perdomo Champagne
RP Connecticut
MoW Virtue

For just a bit more body:
Illusione Epernay
Perdomo ESV
Tobacco Baez (Pepin)
CAO Black
Arturo Fuente Hemingway (this is probably a straight-up medium)

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Great thanks alot, I have one Perdomo Champagne resting and Ill try that one of these upcoming mornings and then if its alright start my search from your list (I know all tastes are diff, but your list is just as good of a place as any to start)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I second the EPC new wave connie thats a delicious smoke....also I believe someone received a Illusione singulare phantom today too :stretchgr

Last edited:

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Haha I sure did. I just got done looking it up, along with all of the other cigars. Trying to learn about them, and as I do the magnitude of the hit gets better and better.:cjump: Ill look at the EPC New Wave for sure if both recommend, I need to look into the EPC line in general.