What's new

5 Years??? Really???

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
We're a few minutes away from my life changing event five years ago that some will remember. Man, time really does fly by!! I can still remember the smell like it was yesterday....

A few things have changed since then, I've moved twice and now have 2 great girls in my life.

I still can't express how much this community did for me in a time I lost everything but the clothes on my back. Some great people did some amazingly awesome things. It was more than the financial things, it was the things like a phone call, a text/private message that truly helped me keep my head up and move forward with life.

So again, I want to say thank you to everyone who was there and this entire community, some people will never understand this brotherhood we share.

For those who may not have been around here is the thread from 5 years ago. http://www.botl.org/threads/a-little-thank-you.58543/

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I remember that day and it was horrible. I was trying to remember, didn't your cigars get miraculously recovered? It's hard to believe it's been that long and I myself never understood how frightening it was until I had my kitchen fire. I can't imagine what you went through yourself because I was a wreck.

I removed my Tapatalk Signature for Chuckie!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wow brother. I started here just after that. Wow. Unreal. It definitely once again shows that this board is something special and it is a unique place we have here in this world. Glad to know five years on that you have found some brightness! Glad to know you ( at least through this board!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I remember a few times after people posted bombs on threads and they chose pictures closely related to house fires I freaked out a bit. Hard to believe how time flies.

I removed my Tapatalk Signature for Chuckie!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Craig, I wasn't around when all of this happened, but I am glad to read you are back on your feet. There truly are some wonderful people in this world.
Back in 2011 my wife and I lost our house, contents, vehicles and our place of employment in the matter of a few minutes in a tornado. I remember the first thing that hit me was we needed new toothbrushes and toothpaste. The amount of help from total strangers was overwhelming. It still blows my mind!

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Craig, I wasn't around when all of this happened, but I am glad to read you are back on your feet. There truly are some wonderful people in this world.
Back in 2011 my wife and I lost our house, contents, vehicles and our place of employment in the matter of a few minutes in a tornado. I remember the first thing that hit me was we needed new toothbrushes and toothpaste. The amount of help from total strangers was overwhelming. It still blows my mind!
Damn man, I couldn't even imagine loosing the vehicles and your business on top of that. I felt fortunate that I still had my car and my golf clubs!

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Damn man, I couldn't even imagine loosing the vehicles and your business on top of that. I felt fortunate that I still had my car and my golf clubs!
We were the lucky ones. There were many who not only lost everything, but had to deal with severe personal injuries or the death of loved ones on top of losing everything.
Without a lot of help and support from complete strangers I doubt neither you nor I would be where we are today. Gratitude seems like such a small word.