What's new

.50 Beowulf

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
So AA uppers are becoming obtainable finally. Anyone taking the plunge? I want to, but will hold off until I can grab about 2K rds of ammo first. Made that mistake with 300BLK, a friend bought up everything every distributor had, cases at a time! :( Now I have an unfired upper and a can, but only 200rds of subsonic. Boo!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Nope. See no reason for it, and doesn't appeal to me in any way.

That said, I'd like to see somebody suppress one. Would be neat.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Nope. See no reason for it, and doesn't appeal to me in any way.

That said, I'd like to see somebody suppress one. Would be neat.
Just a money hole. More grins than owning a small boat. Cinderblocks are awesome 1-shot targets with this. Put a Barrett .50 can on it and it would be huge...hugely awesome!

.458 SOCOM is also a huge waste of funds, but it puts a massive smile on your face at the same time...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If ammo weren't so darn expensive I would buy an upper in .458 SOCCOM for my Rock River. If I do decide to go big bore I'll probably go with one in .450 Bushmaster since factory ammo is cheaper and more readily available. .50 Beowulf would be a third choice to me.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
So AA uppers are becoming obtainable finally. Anyone taking the plunge? I want to, but will hold off until I can grab about 2K rds of ammo first. Made that mistake with 300BLK, a friend bought up everything every distributor had, cases at a time! :( Now I have an unfired upper and a can, but only 200rds of subsonic. Boo!
I find your posts comical. There is a group buy on subsonic 300blk with a minimum purchase amount of 1000 out there. If you need help finding it, PM and I'll give you more details.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I shit a .50 beowulf 6 times. Was enough for me and my shoulder :)
After shitting one just once.. I wouldn't think it would have been your shoulder that bothered you :grin:
Lmao I had to re-read that a few times before I looked at my post.

You'd a thunk it would of slid right out...Damn swype

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
In that case pick up the Barrett M107A1 with a can and BORS. Still cheaper than a boat!
As an aside...

Barrett is only a 2 hour drive from here... And Ronnie is a friend... (If you wanted to make a pilgrimage while you're here in a few weeks... ;) )...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is when reloading becomes your best friend. Especially for the unusual calibers that no store carries.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That is when reloading becomes your best friend. Especially for the unusual calibers that no store carries.
yup I shoot 300BLK for hunting and reload my own ammo.

Beowulf brass is just so expensive, and hard to find at times. I like the idea of cutting down 223 and necking it up to 308, so much easier.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I find your posts comical. There is a group buy on subsonic 300blk with a minimum purchase amount of 1000 out there. If you need help finding it, PM and I'll give you more details.
It's cool - I don't take anything I post here seriously either :p

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
In that case pick up the Barrett M107A1 with a can and BORS. Still cheaper than a boat!
As an aside...

Barrett is only a 2 hour drive from here... And Ronnie is a friend... (If you wanted to make a pilgrimage while you're here in a few weeks... ;) )...
VERY tempting. Lemme think about it. Probably trying to do too much the day before the herf but we'll see.