What's new

5L Mini Barrel Project

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tasted at 8 weeks this past Saturday. The smokiness is not quite as prevalent. Definitely more oak. The sweetness has grown as well and counterbalances the oak. Would probably be too much oak if it was a dry finish and not as sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Tasted at 10 weeks and not a whole lot different. Can definitely see some more color. I plan on dumping at 12 weeks or may wait until the 3 month mark. gonna see if i can swing getting some rye new make from my local distiller to fill back up after i dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I tasted over the weekend and didn’t notice any improvement so I dumped last night. Got about 4.25 L out so lost about 750 ml from the last time I topped off. I’m guessing 2-250 of that was from sampling. Love the color on it. I’ll start another post for batch 2.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
After spending some time with the Double Oaked Dant this week it keeps getting better. It’s almost completely lost that young craft whiskey flavor. No smokiness. Im not sure if that’s due to some oxidation after being bottled or maybe the extractives are continuing to break down in the bottle. It’s definitely oaky but the sweetness balances it out nicely. It’s got caramel, stewed fruits and baking spices going. Tastes nothing like the original JWD that went in. Hoping it keeps getting better.