What's new

6 feet of separation?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, stupid question. When you are done rolling, and have dry boxed for 10 days.... Do you keep the different blends (brands) separated in your humidor, coolidore, cigar cooler? Maybe divided by little dividers? Or do you let them mingle? :)

-Rex

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been letting them mingle. Never thought about it. I do ten at a time, maybe it's a good idea to separate them.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok, stupid question. When you are done rolling, and have dry boxed for 10 days.... Do you keep the different blends (brands) separated in your humidor, coolidore, cigar cooler? Maybe divided by little dividers? Or do you let them mingle? :)

-Rex
Absolutely.

The local brick & mortar used to sell their used cigar boxes for a buck a pop, back when they were open. I dropped by from time to time to sort thru boxes for the ones with a nice sealing flange and capable clasps, attractive, and made of Spanish Cedar. I collected several dozen this way, over the years. I set my blends in these gar boxes with dated labels on the bottom to show what's inside. Often, the label is just one of the bands I made for this batch. Then the boxes go in the big fish cooler. The idea is that steeping in the cedar smell adds that special something, while the box label distinguishes what's in the box.

I go even farther. I have one batch inspired by Leaf by Oscar which are each one shrouded in a loose oily leaf just to impart. They've been aging in a tin cookie canister. Really steeping apart.

Aging is important. Treat it that way.

Used to age them in the closet, like so:

Then I got this: