What's new

6x50 tatuaje with band?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Saw a 6x50 tatuaje brown label with a band from a humidor, knew it was 50 rg because it was right next to a regios, but half an inch longer. Is this a Tainos someone chopped an inch and a quarter off of? Or what is it? Does anyone have an idea? It isn't a new release, my friend doesn't remember where he got it from. I've never heard of any tatuaje limited 6x50 with a band on it. Wrapper looks the same shade as the regios, same texture....?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Did you check here:? http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=27097

Some were close, are you sure about the length/RG?
Yeah I'm sure. I've almost memorized that guide, it wasn't any I am familiar with. I really think the only option is that someone cut mold off the foot of a Tainos and then passed it down the line. I know the outlaw is the same, but it is bandless....so I'm stumped..

But the smell, texture, wrapper color, etc. all seem legit.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Got me stumped. Although if you're sure it's a 1/2" longer than a Regios, your mystery stick's actually 5 1/2" since Regios are 5" long.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
My fault (though the Tatuaje website lists the Regios at 5 x 50). I think you're right, though––got my robustos confused.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
yeah, not an ff......not a torpedo, shaped exactly like a standard toro, but not black label and wrapped foot, and not bandless like outlaw. band is legit....a mystery indeed.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Some of you may remember my question on this post a month ago. I got around to smoking it tonight. 6x50 (standard toro) with a tatuaje brown label attached. Did not appear to be cut from a longer size. Smelled similar to a regios, slightly a half shade lighter than the regios.
Fired it up: burn was perfect, flavors were tatuaje-ish, but with a strong strong graham-cracker and honey flavor to it. It was not like any brown label I have had. But it was very Pete Johnson-ish, and Pepin-ish. Reminded me of the flavor of a My Father (except the wrapper smell and aroma was different, and had more body than an MF). It was quality....

Has anyone had a tatuaje product with similar profile to this? I'm talking teddy grahams! It was nice, but I'm stumped, my friend is stumped, either someone switched bands on a good stick, or this is some wierd stuff someone picked up from an event that doesn't exist....

I know my tats well, and I know quality when I taste it. But I'm stumped.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Some of you may remember my question on this post a month ago. I got around to smoking it tonight. 6x50 (standard toro) with a tatuaje brown label attached. Did not appear to be cut from a longer size. Smelled similar to a regios, slightly a half shade lighter than the regios.
Fired it up: burn was perfect, flavors were tatuaje-ish, but with a strong strong graham-cracker and honey flavor to it. It was not like any brown label I have had. But it was very Pete Johnson-ish, and Pepin-ish. Reminded me of the flavor of a My Father (except the wrapper smell and aroma was different, and had more body than an MF). It was quality....

Has anyone had a tatuaje product with similar profile to this? I'm talking teddy grahams! It was nice, but I'm stumped, my friend is stumped, either someone switched bands on a good stick, or this is some wierd stuff someone picked up from an event that doesn't exist....

I know my tats well, and I know quality when I taste it. But I'm stumped.
I think I know what this is. Was it a bit lighter in body than the normal brown labels? I'll bet you it was a Tatuaje Series P toro (6x50). They have a white label. Someone either rebanded it on purpose to commit fraud by selling it at a higher price, or they lost the band somehow and just made a mistake.

Either way, I think the white labels are very nice, one of the best cigars in the world at their retail price. "Teddy Grahams" discribes almost exactly how they are for me--a nice, slightly sweet graham cracker flavor.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nah, couldn't have been an 03 ciggy, those are 6.5 x 52, and the wrapper is ligero. This wasn't your typical cojonu flavor profile either. My friend has got a few of those lying around waiting for the next time we have an hour or two, different coloration and all.

But the series P theory sounds about right! I'll hunt down a few of those and try them and see. It was good! Just not as full as a usual brown. It reminded me of an SW (non-maddie) but the SW wasn't as graham-crackerish. NJStone, you might have cracked the case!