What's new

6x60 Liga Privada T52

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm glad DE and Saka are always experimenting. It gives us something to look forward to, like before they released the french fries.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good to see Veeral (travelingstogie) getting some love here - he's a good dude.

When I read the 6x60 T52 review I was surprised - hadn't even heard of it prior but also not something I would gravitate towards. I actually prefer RGs 52 and below - nothing too big. With that said, the FFP is a lot of smokers' perfect smoke - while I don't enjoy it due to the size, there is probably something there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
JD requested to have some 6 x 60 T52s for himself so we made a small batch about 2 years ago - never made any more and have no current plans to do so... personally I was not a big fan of the cigar - didn't like what the girth did to the flavor profile, temper it too much imo.

STS

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
JD requested to have some 6 x 60 T52s for himself so we made a small batch about 2 years ago - never made any more and have no current plans to do so... personally I was not a big fan of the cigar - didn't like what the girth did to the flavor profile, temper it too much imo.

STS
Seems odd to me that JD likes the 6 x 60 so much, the bigger cigar just makes him look shorter. :grin:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0

STS
Looks like it's a moot point now.....

Thanks for the input Steve!!!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Everyone (including me) complains about 60 rg cigars but aside from a slight taper at the head and foot, what size is a FFP?

Answer: 5-3/8 x 60 and there's no shortage of love for FFPs around here. Granted the taper takes away the "jawbreaker" effect somewhat but it is still a 60 rg cigar.....just sayin'
Came to say something similar... well said.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0

STS
Seems odd to me that JD likes the 6 x 60 so much, the bigger cigar just makes him look shorter. :grin:
It makes him look thinner!

I kid, last time I saw him he had dropped a few lbs and was working on eating right..... Of course I do have every right to break balls after the whole radio ball busting he gave me last month....

Rating - 100%
144   0   0

STS
Saka to the rescue! lol I knew him or JD would be chiming in soon. It's amazing how fast they find threads about their smokes and clear things up, really shows their dedication to us DE fans to take the time out of their busy schedules to keep us informed. Thanks Steve!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Fellow CigarMen,

Here in Hong Kong and read this thread so I wanted to respond in addition to Saka.

Two or three years ago .... come to think about it, it was about one year before MUWAT ... so it was definitely back in the day ... I had just rewatched the Pulp Fiction and was thinking about how much I liked the name "Royale with Cheese". Saka liked the name too, and I remember that we messed around with a 6x60 Blend with the T52 capa - that might be a fitting size for the name. The sticks were pretty good, but some time soon thereafter I began working on MUWAT at Joya and I guess Saka and Nick opted for thinner ring gauge items.

Like so many projects at DE, sometimes one of us get inspired by a name or a blend or a circumstance and innovation begins. Sometime we follow up on it, and sometimes not. While they didnt make move to further the "Royale with Cheese" it never quite means that its completely 100% out of the innovation stage. Well, maybe its 96% out at this point, but I still think about the name, the blend, the time period in my life when we were working on it, even if it was never a serious project - and smile.

I am not afraid to acknowledge these years as the best times in my life. Thank you guys for being part of it.

Best,
JDrew

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_1437.jpg

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I think I would buy any cigar with that name. The fact that it'd be a DE/LP product would just further sweeten the deal.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hahahahahahahaha ... from the photos ABOVE .... the good ole days...!!!

I dug up these three old photos from that same time period of when the ROYALE WITH CHEESE was being considered for a project. Each of these photos bring up great memories and interesting observations....

See the Photo at the top - the cigars were early prototypes of the original NOSOTROS ... the Gold bands.

Second (Middle) Photo was the first UZI and PUNK cigars - which actually took place on the first formal BOTL trip. The PUNK was a 4x44, indeed. Hahahahah ...

Last shot was taken at a Christmas Holiday vacation on the island of Ometepe with my dad and my wifes family. I was smoking a box of Padron 40th and talking to cows and shit. Another very memorable time.

Best again.
JDrew

Rating - 100%
22   0   0

I dug up these three old photos from that same time period of when the ROYALE WITH CHEESE was being considered for a project. Each of these photos bring up great memories and interesting observations....

See the Photo at the top - the cigars were early prototypes of the original NOSOTROS ... the Gold bands.

Second (Middle) Photo was the first UZI and PUNK cigars - which actually took place on the first formal BOTL trip. The PUNK was a 4x44, indeed. Hahahahah ...

Last shot was taken at a Christmas Holiday vacation on the island of Ometepe with my dad and my wifes family. I was smoking a box of Padron 40th and talking to cows and shit. Another very memorable time.

Best again.
JDrew

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0

Best again.
JDrew

Thanks for sharing, always interesting to hear these stories and see the pics!

Rating - 91.7%
12   1   0
HaHa, yeah pictures were great. I love all the DE products ( even the infused stuff at times) Matter of FACT DE cigars were the first cigar i smoked. So DE will always have a special place in my heart and humidor, lol. I just wish I could find the Unico Series cigars, only one I have is one that was givin to me by a BOTL. L40, I almost will hate to smoke it because no telling if ill ever get another one.