What's new

72% RH and 75 degrees good?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome to BOTL! Most guys go a bit lower than that, I do something different entirely - I like 100/30. To achieve 100% humidity at 30 degrees, all I do is submerge my cigars in water and freeze them. I know it sounds unconventional, but consider that the remains of mammoths and cavemen that lived tens of thousands of years ago have been found perfectly preserved in ice. That's science, and it really is the best option imho.
Id love to see this process I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I had the same problem with temperature control. Dead heat of summer outdoor temps of 100 or more, leaving my home's thermostat on 70 just isn't wallet friendly. Especially considering I'm gone 2 weeks out of 3. I broke down and paid a little extra for fridgidor. Put an oasis in, hooked it up to wifi, and now my sticks stay at a cool 66...ish. Btw, I know ppl say "buy bigger than you need" for humidors, but I bought a 300 count, it's overfilled, and now I'm on a never ending "buying freeze" I basically smoke one, buy one, repeat lol

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Me neither. I've put cigar orders and bombs in the freezer overnight when I first started the hobby. But only to guard against beetles.
But this underwater frozen cigar stuff is news to me :unsure:
I work with liquid nitrogen quite a bit and this got me thinking...

What if you took it a step further, and kept the cigars at 200% humidity at -190c?!