What's new

77 shark

frankluke

Pipe Snob
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
i was going through the posts in the NC wishlist and it seems most everbody wants a shark.. its not that good, to be honest i think it sucks, its just a gimmick money maker for fuente.. i can see people just wanting to try it, cause you've heard so much about it the last few years, if your lucky enough to get one from your wishlist, thats fine, but dont waste your money

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've only had a few Anejos. They are a much better smoke with a year or more of humi time ... but even then they aren't in my top 10. Like anything else though, you should try 'em and make up your own mind.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I think they're great. I love the Anejos, but the shape of the Shark gives something to the taste and takes it up a notch. I definitely think you should try it if you haven't. If they were cheaper, I would probably smoke nothing but Anejos. That's not an option, so I'll smoke 'em when I can.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I never cared for the Anejo line too much but I wouldn't go and say that it sucks. Cigars and tastes are two different things; you and a buddy could have the same cigar and might have different feelings about it.

I do think that the majority of Fuente's product do score well with a very high percentage of the demographic so they must be doing something right.

Eric

Staff member
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
I have to disagree! This is one cigar that lives up to the Fuente-hype... so long as you're paying MSRP.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I liked the Anejo 45 better than the Anejo 77 Shark. I'm interested in smoking the Cameroon Anejo 77. I heard they are impossible to get.
I agree, I'd love to get my hands on 2 sand sharks to try. I like the Anejo's but have never tried a sand shark. So I'd need 2 one to smoke and one to keep until I could repalce it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first shark is sitting in my humi waiting for a rainy day... If I find some more I may smoke it soon, but for now I think I'll let it rest a while.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
I have to disagree! This is one cigar that lives up to the Fuente-hype... so long as you're paying MSRP.
I too enjoy most of the AF, But I do agree it should set in the Humi for a while .....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
If you are paying MSRP, then I think that it is worth it, but not the over blown hugely inflated sum that they stretch for sometimes..

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I guess I'm in the minority as I like the 77's, although I agree they need time to sit and mature. I've gone through several boxes and have always enjoyed the smoke, although I like the 55 better.

All that being said, I think any cigar is worth trying, we all have different tastes and not everyone likes the same thing. If you're into Acids...well then, smoke Acids, if you don't care for Habanos, well then don't light one up. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke!

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I guess I'm in the minority as I like the 77's, although I agree they need time to sit and mature. I've gone through several boxes and have always enjoyed the smoke, although I like the 55 better.

All that being said, I think any cigar is worth trying, we all have different tastes and not everyone likes the same thing. If you're into Acids...well then, smoke Acids, if you don't care for Habanos, well then don't light one up. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke!
Nah, it looks like Nick is in the minority on this one. :rofl:

Personally, I have never had one. :dunno: