What's new

8.9 earthquake in Japan/Tsunami

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
All the warnings have been removed and currently we are at Tsunami Advisory. Airports and harbors are opening back up for operations. We dodged the bullet on this one... small damages and debris around the water, water damage around Kona on the Big Island was the blunt of the damage.

r3db4r0n

BoM Jan '11
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
That is scary! I immediately thought of you and your family, but knew that you're here in the States. Hope that your friends are safe, and that you have a home to return to.
This was my first reaction as well when I woke up.to this, this morning. Glad to hear Nj and family are ok. Unfortunately the same.cannot be said about many others and my thoughts go out to them

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I've been watching since it all started, praying it wouldn't come to this. Let's just hope the containment systems in place do their job and the weather cooperates with what does get out. Having gone through a devastating house fire and losing our home, I can empathize with these folks that have been displaced, but this is all just too much. I can't imagine the fear that entire country must be feeling.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Truly a nightmare that can't seem to end. Fervent prayers for the Japanese people and nation, especially the heroic, brave few who continue to risk their health in this uphill battle.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
The human face of this tragedy is heartbreaking. Saw this article on msnbc today.

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/03/18/6293059-i-will-come-again-tomorrow-boy-9-desperately-searches-for-missing-family-in-japan

David R Arnott writes:Toshihito Aisawa's father, mother and grandmother are all missing. For days the 9-year-old has been desperately searching for them at evacuation centers in the Japanese city of Ishinomaki, holding up hand written signs pleading for information. On one is written their names, on the other the simple message "I will come again tomorrow."
...from a 9yr old... :(

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I read a news article earlier today about 30 kids at a school are still waiting for thier parents to come pick them up. They always have a teacher or rleative with them. They will not let any reporter or anyone else talk to them in fear of giving any false hope. It is so sad...