What's new

80's music

tripp

MASTER SHAKE
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I was just watching VH1 about 1984.
It just got me thinking about music from the 80's. In 1984 I turned 18 a very important age in anybody's life and one of the most important in my life.
While there was some bubblegum shit music..(like WHAM) there was some great stuff to come out of this time. Stuff like Van Halen's 1984.
If you were around back in the old days of the 80's what were you listening to? What of it do you still listen to? What do you not want to admit to listening to?

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I still listen and prefer the rock from the 80's and some of the pop...I listen to a lot of the soul from the 70's and 80's all the time...Hard to beat Van Halen and ZZ Top...good stuff back then!

cjazz

Hecho en USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was only in the single digits of age in the 80's, but I remember my dad coming home from work and putting on Clapton, Dire Straits, or Huey Lewis and the News, maybe even Michael Jackson's "Thriller". I still love that rock & roll to this day. I was born the year the MTV debuted (1981), and I even remembered when they used to actually play music on that station.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
80s ROCK & ROLL BABY. I was a jr in hs (17 yo). Love those hairbands.

AC/DC, Judas Priest, Motley Crew, Van Halen, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Metalica, I could go on all day here. But 80s was definately my time in life and music.

Rock and Roll will never die in this house. But I did sell off all my heave metal stuff. Somedays, I wish that I didn't. Most are hard to come by.

OH, and I still listen to most Rock and Roll stations, cause we have DC101 in Washington DC and 98ROCK in Baltimore, so we get some goo stations here. When I want to get fired up, I pop in 80's rock and crank it up when no one is in the car with me.

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In 86 I was ten. Was kind of forced to listen to what my parents did, till I would go put a radio station on in my room. I remeber the 80's as Posion, Rat, Warrant, Motley Crew, twisted Sister, Metalica etc. Then in the early 90's I went to rap. I love early rap, hate the rap of today. In the mid 90's I went back to rock.

My fiance is 6 years older then me and was a big 80's follower. She has been to over 200 hundred concerts as far as way OK (we live in CT). Unfortanetly rock radio has died here in CT. There are only 3 radio stations that play it. These station are actaully privately owned and not corporate radio. There is a movement called save rock radio. I hope it works.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
fredneck said:
but I also liked the Stones, Led Zepellin, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Rush.....
Like them too, but there were mostly better in the 60's and 70's.

Forgot a few: Queensryche, Def Leopard, and how could I forget this band, Guns and Roses. I was surprises they lasted as long as they did.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
derek said:
I remeber the 80's as Posion, Rat, Warrant, twisted Sister, etc.

Yet another group of hairbands I forgot ,I really liked RATT. And of course Twisted Fking Sister. Love Dee Snyder and Ozzy with there families now, halarious.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Ozzy!!!! Gotta go back to when Randy Rhodes was lead guitar. I think I will pop in the live album right after Ozzy left Black Sabbath two record CD called Speak of the Devil recorded at the Ritz, New York Sept 26/27, 1982. That is some serious stuff, YEAH.

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Run DMC, Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, NWA,

Now those were some great rap groups. Also LL Cool J. Cannot forget him for 80's rap.

derek

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I almost forgot

Bang tango, Faster pussy cat, White Lion, Extreme, TnT, Tesla, Bon Jovi, Cinderella, Slaughter, Gangster Bitch Barbie, VVI (Vinny Vincet Invasion.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Turned 18 in '85. Listened to everything listed above and more. My favorite movie to watch now is "The Wedding Singer". It's a flashback to the day. My wife is watching the movie now. Cracks me up- the fashions, the music, the hair....

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
totally into the rock scene - must not forget the Scorps, 38 special, judas priest, nightranger, aerosmith, def leppord, cheap trick, journey, police, loverboy, styx, rush....

moved to san diego in 85, and into the 'cutting edge' rock: Cars, oingo boingo, blondie, psychodellic furs, the cure, the call, billy idol, missing persons, quarterflash,,,, sheez, on and on and on! good times!!!!