What's new

898 Outfitters Cigar Case

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I received my 898 Outfitters Ammo Case today! I first saw these at Cigarnival 2013. It's made by Saddleback Leather. I have a wallet and a passport case made by them, so I know it will last forever. Here's a picture of it next to a LAT54 for size comparison.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you like that, you might find this cool. This is my "one off" custom made mauser/ammo bag watch strap. Real mauser bag from the earlier 1900's. You can see where it would of buckled on the keeper. Same as where your strap above latches down. The strap smith uses only one bag that you choose per strap, a true one off. Thick strap at 5mm thick. It's a beautiful beast of a watch strap.

Congrats on your bag!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
If you like that, you might find this cool. This is my "one off" custom made mauser/ammo bag watch strap. Real mauser bag from the earlier 1900's. You can see where it would of buckled on the keeper. Same as where your strap above latches down. The strap smith uses only one bag that you choose per strap, a true one off. Thick strap at 5mm thick. It's a beautiful beast of a watch strap.

Congrats on your bag!

So jelly. I'm still in search of the perfect watch deserving an ammo strap.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Now that I know you are a WIS. Hiding underneath that strap is a Helson Bronze Shark Diver 45mm :ccool: That is a Micah strap, he is awesome to work with.

~ Sorry for going off topic, not often a WIS shows up outside of a watch forum.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Now that I know you are a WIS. Hiding underneath that strap is a Helson Bronze Shark Diver 45mm :ccool: That is a Micah strap, he is awesome to work with.

No problem. I like watches too, and will now check Google for info on that Helson watch. LOL

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

That helson is a beautiful piece brother. And IMO the only watch that does bronze justice. Especially after that Olivier disaster.

Speaking of straps. My favorite hands down in my collection is my SNPR strap

Brings a whole new meaning to the term ammo strap

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

No problem. I like watches too, and will now check Google for info on that Helson watch. LOL

Nice! Look no further, here is a quick pic. Bronze is cool because it takes on a life of its own, every watch will patina differently.
Peter Helson does a horrible job with his website pics, his watches and CS are top notch for a micro-brand.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0

That helson is a beautiful piece brother. And IMO the only watch that does bronze justice. Especially after that Olivier disaster.

Speaking of straps. My favorite hands down in my collection is my SNPR strap

Brings a whole new meaning to the term ammo strap
That is sweet strap bro! I was not in on Olivier (hope you avoided or got money back) but enjoyed the read over the many months and the closed threads. Crazy horrible rollercoaster ride that was.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0

Nice! Look no further, here is a quick pic. Bronze is cool because it takes on a life of its own, every watch will patina differently.
Peter Helson does a horrible job with his website pics, his watches and CS are top notch for a micro-brand.

That patina is excellent! Too many people keep them pristine. Is that natural or did it get help with the boiled egg trick?