What's new

#899715 (Padron Anniversary 1964 Series Principe)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
OK, I'm breaking from the normal format for this one folks. I had alot of trouble deciding what smoke to pair with the second half of the Eagles v. Atlanta game. I really tried to go with a not so special cigar. The game was close and I just wanted a short smoke to finish off the game, and hopefully celebrate with. I failed. :lol:
In the end, it was a Padron Anniversary 1964 Series Principe. 5"x42 ring guage, this is a small cigar that packs an unbelievable amount of taste. You know you are in for something good just looking at this cigar. One of the strongest boxpresses and dark, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so dark. I tried punching this with the built in punch on my colibri but the piece of cap just didn't want to seperate from the cigar so I ended up cutting it with the xikar. From moment one there was tons of smoke with leather and cocoa as the main tastes. The ash was a bright, silvery gray and didn't seperate from the cigar until almost half way. Of course this happened while I was cheering on an Eagles drive and it landed right on the edge of my shoe where the sock meets the shoe denoting an amazing degree of construction perfection. I guess this was a good omen as the Eagles scored moments later. The plentiful smoke, perfect burn and great tastes continued all the way to the end. I purged the cigar once with about 1.5" to go and began wishing I had done so sooner. Co-mingled with the leather and cocoa was now the taste of sweet cream.

Just awesome. I actually burnt my lips drawing on this bugger at the end! I still have an exclusivo which I picked up the other day and a Pyramide that has been resting as long as the principe.

R.I.P. No. 899715, I shall meet one of your brothers again soon.