What's new

9/10/2001

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
17 years later it still hurts. I’m still angry. Maybe it’s because I know of many of my friends and family that were there, helping in recovery efforts to find their loved ones, friends and any survivors.

And at the time, I lived 4 houses away from a funeral home and I saw my street and town basically flooded with people walking up to the funeral home to pay their respects to a father-son FDNY duo killed on 9/11 who I had the honor of sharing my hometown with them. The sea of blue, their apparatus they once rode on with the FDNY draped with the purple bunting in the street. I was 15 at the time and remember this all too well.

As much as this day sucks, I saw the best of all New Yorkers. And it felt so good to see how our nation backed us and showed love and support, especially in the sports world after 9/11.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Three days after this attack my wife and I had to drive to upstate NY for the funeral of her grandmother. Literally almost every house on the way was flying an American flag in the front yard. It was a very emotional trip to say the least.

On a little side note, where I live you can have neighbors of all walks of life. Senators, members of congress, CIA, FBI....you name it. At the time of these attacks my neighbor was a US Marshal that spent two weeks a month in NYC still investigating the bombing of the WTC in 1993.