What's new

9 New Tats for IPCPR

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't think he's crossed the line to the point where profits > quality. And I don't think he ever will...

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Pete is nowhere NEAR RP in regards to the number of cigars he produces...Do you know how many lines RP has?

Also, other then a few new cigars (La Verite) and the various one off Single shop releases (which I actually enjoy quite a bit, as it allows Pete to produce cigar blends he would never be able to produce...some of the best cigars Tatuaje has ever made come out of these releases, including the T110, SW Maduro and Cohete, just to name a few), Pete seems to be working on expanding existing lines, which I am thankful for...

(Oh, and Pete, thanks for making the Petite Cazadores Reserva in this overwhelming large RG market :)

~brooks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pete is nowhere NEAR RP in regards to the number of cigars he produces...Do you know how many lines RP has?

Also, other then a few new cigars (La Verite) and the various one off Single shop releases (which I actually enjoy quite a bit, as it allows Pete to produce cigar blends he would never be able to produce...some of the best cigars Tatuaje has ever made come out of these releases, including the T110, SW Maduro and Cohete, just to name a few), Pete seems to be working on expanding existing lines, which I am thankful for...

(Oh, and Pete, thanks for making the Petite Cazadores Reserva in this overwhelming large RG market :)

~brooks
well said!

I'm as well am most excited about the Petite Cazadores Reserva

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Don't ever compare Pete and RP. Sorry but Rocky isn't even in the league of Cigars as Pete. Now Pete can defend himself just fine.
I'll make whatever comparisons I want. I agree the cigars are far different.

I don't see any comparisons with PJ and RP. It's only the natural of any business to grow as it meets demands. Padron makes millions of cigars a year and they still keep their quality strong and consistent.

The day Pete focuses on multiple exclusive CI brands at a volume discount is the day it would be safe to say he's going a similar route as RP.
And Pardon is not a boutique brand either, they have huge coffers and farms at thier disposal. They also took their time getting to where they are.

I have two new brands coming next year to finish my portfolio of brands. These are brands I need to protect the marks on.
I know i will still have small batch releases coming throughout years to come but it will be some time before i put out actual brands after the two next year....Line extensions are much different than full brands....
I also have a new 3 cigar line being made for Holt's now after years of them asking for one.
If you saw Pepin's factory and tobacco supply, you would see that we would have no problems keeping up with quality and blends......even if i were to make 1 million more cigars....I have no plans to but I try to grow by 100k to 200k in sticks per year which is a slow comfortable growth.....my final goal is to do no more than 2.5 million cigars per year and that will be at least 3 to 4 years before i hit that final mark.....Pepin and jaime know i prefer quality before quantity.....
Thank you for the answer, as BIll said you can defend yourself just fine. Though I will stand by the fact that I was not attacking you, but merely saying I am worried you are/were spreading too thin.

~brooks
I wouldn't even bother counting. I do know that Pete has several more line today than he did 2 years ago, and seems to be expanding on a regular basis.

Sincerely,
Pissy

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had any vote, there would be 10, not 9 new vitolas. I really like the limited release Pete made for New Havana. I prefer the Habano wrapper to the Reserva, which is unusual for me, but I am digging both of them.

C'mon Pete, we don't need more fat cigars. We need more Lonsdales, damn it!
(I will quit bitching now, and eagerly await the arrival of the Corona Gordas) :clap:

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ditto... the industry wants to go bigger for some reason. I don't really like to smoke anything bigger than 50rg or so regularly.
I am really surprised to see such fatties in Pete's new releases. Honestly, a 50 rg is pushing it for me.

I mean, I just can't seem to be able to puff comfortably on anything bigger. It's not that they don't have great flavor or complexity... It's just too damn fat. anything from 42-46 feels very comfortable in the mouth and puffing is effortless. Enter sophomoric banter if you so desire :skew:

anyways... I guess the market is calling for these so Pete's gotta do what he's gotta do. and of course... to each his own.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Pete only makes 1.7m cigars a year?? Really? damn... That's really not all that much... Though I thought it would be much more than that!!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
I LOVE the fact that we're going to see two regula 4x40 sticks--such a wonderful size for a quick smoke that tastes like a full cigar, and perfect for winter. Of couse, I'm really stoked that one of those is a Verocu :)

I also think it's cool that he's doing some bigger rings. There aren't may big-ring Tats, and many love them bigger. Although I usually prefer the smaller rings, I am looking forward to trying the new vitolas.

I also agree that a new vitola in an existing line does not a "new line" make. And not counting the small-batch "for fun" releases, there are still far too few Tat lines for the amount of success the company has, compared to other young companies.

Diminishing quality is likely more proportional to quantity than variety. But hey, what do I know about it really, lol. I've never even been to Nica :(

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I'm really looking forward to the larger ring gauges myself. I want to see how the extra filler will change the flavor profile.