62   0   0
Petit Tatuaje Reserva
Tatuaje Petit Cazadores Reserva
Tatuaje Havana VI Verocu No. 5.......these have my interest:drool:

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
How so? I don't see one new brand in that bunch, just size additions to cigars/blends already created. Big difference if you ask me...

RP and Gurkha = mass confusion on what the hell is what with so many different kinds of cigars.

And yes, the Verocu #5 and all those cigars will be regular production.
Preface...I was a bit pissy that day

however. I never said Equal I said going the route of

PJ is boutique brand, and has a finite supply of tobacco. The more sizes, lines, brands he produces the more likely he begins to release sub-par cigars (Drac). I know Pete stands behind his product and the guys here are more than willing to back him up. Well RP stands behind his product as well. Most of us can agree that once RP began to release a line of smokes or spread him self thin, the quality of his cigars went down. I'm just hoping Pete does not letting this happen, His accountants will never say "don't relesae that cigar", they will always say we need more money. new cigars equal more money until he is another RP.

That is why I said what I said, and I stand behind it now that same as I did the day I was pissy.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Both the CG brown labels look wonderful. The petite cazadore might be a box purchase. All the reviews sound wonderful.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
WOW those are some big suckers... 56 RG??? not for me but to each his own.

the CG's and petits are looking like WALLET KILLERS.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
That is why I said what I said, and I stand behind it now that same as I did the day I was pissy.
No worries, everyone can have their own opinion... which is why I deleted my statement. I hear what you're saying and it's a valid concern. I'm not sure how much more tobacco Pepin has, but when our group was down there in April there was a brand new field that we got to tour. Pepin also sourced a lot of broadleaf tobacco which is why Pete is releasing a lot of cigars with broadleaf in the near future.

2 weeks ago, Pepin told me the last crop of tobacco was his best ever in Nicaragua. I would doubt the Pepin/PJ combo would ever let quality drop significantly over producing more cigars. Plus, with Pepin producing cigars for other companies, PJ can only produce a certain amount of cigars a year the way it is.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
No worries, everyone can have their own opinion... which is why I deleted my statement. I hear what you're saying and it's a valid concern. I'm not sure how much more tobacco Pepin has, but when our group was down there in April there was a brand new field that we got to tour. Pepin also sourced a lot of broadleaf tobacco which is why Pete is releasing a lot of cigars with broadleaf in the near future.

2 weeks ago, Pepin told me the last crop of tobacco was his best ever in Nicaragua. I would doubt the Pepin/PJ combo would ever let quality drop significantly over producing more cigars. Plus, with Pepin producing cigars for other companies, PJ can only produce a certain amount of cigars a year the way it is.

That was a good answer......

I can only produce so many cigars from that factory but I also have many trademarks that I want to protect so they get put in the mix. Still with all the brands and the line extensions, i am only producing about 1.7 million cigars a year....I try to keep every size below the 50,000 cigar mark per year......to guarantee quality size by size......

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Just to clarify.....being on a route, does not mean one has made it to the final destination. I just don't want to see a brand like Tatuaje spread so thin that quality drops.

I'm still a fan Pete, But new cigars 2-3 times a year makes me wonder if the almighty dollar is taking prescience. I know it's a business, and RP has made sure he makes more and more as his customers become less and less excited about his cigars. Don't let it happen to you.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to the larger-ringed Ambos Mundos. I know large ring sizes are not as popular as they once were, but I still like them.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't see any comparisons with PJ and RP. It's only the natural of any business to grow as it meets demands. Padron makes millions of cigars a year and they still keep their quality strong and consistent.

The day Pete focuses on multiple exclusive CI brands at a volume discount is the day it would be safe to say he's going a similar route as RP.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just to clarify.....being on a route, does not mean one has made it to the final destination. I just don't want to see a brand like Tatuaje spread so thin that quality drops.

I'm still a fan Pete, But new cigars 2-3 times a year makes me wonder if the almighty dollar is taking prescience. I know it's a business, and RP has made sure he makes more and more as his customers become less and less excited about his cigars. Don't let it happen to you.
I have two new brands coming next year to finish my portfolio of brands. These are brands I need to protect the marks on.
I know i will still have small batch releases coming throughout years to come but it will be some time before i put out actual brands after the two next year....Line extensions are much different than full brands....
I also have a new 3 cigar line being made for Holt's now after years of them asking for one.
If you saw Pepin's factory and tobacco supply, you would see that we would have no problems keeping up with quality and blends......even if i were to make 1 million more cigars....I have no plans to but I try to grow by 100k to 200k in sticks per year which is a slow comfortable growth.....my final goal is to do no more than 2.5 million cigars per year and that will be at least 3 to 4 years before i hit that final mark.....Pepin and jaime know i prefer quality before quantity.....