What's new

$90 For That Pizza, Please

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0

Numbers are abstract things. Hard to wrap your head around, fuzzy, vague. You can tell someone the raw stats on Jerry Jones new golden commode of a stadium, throw digits at them all day, and they still might not grasp what $1.15 billion in total costs, 11,520 square feet of video screen on the main board alone, and "expandable up to 100K" means. This, however, is something that can properly convey the grand gluttony of Jones' stadium, and the gargantuan scale the ol' Double-J has built the Cowboys' new palace on:

Tuesday's tour took our group into a suite that can be leased for $800,000 a year - which doesn't include the price of game or event tickets but does offer a large pizza for $90 (no toppings), 12-packs of domestic beer for $66 apiece and a four-pack of Red Bull for $22, among other ridiculously priced items.

You may not gawk at the price tag of the suite, but $90 for a pizza? Pizza is our national soylent green, and at its most affordable may not even be made from actual food ingredients, for all I know. At their most luxurious, a large pizza with tons of prime ingredients costs you 30 dollars--perhaps $35 if you go really crazy with the sun-dried tomatoes and prosciutto. This still leaves a whopping $60 you pay for the privilege of eating it in Jerry Jones' suite, and even more when you start washing it down with seven-dollar domestic beers.

This isn't salesmanship: this is separating fools from their money, a page ripped directly from the PT Barnum playbook. I'm all for it, especially if someone else is buying the pizza.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"It kinda makes the $9 hamburger look like a bargain!"

....only if you don't have to pay extra for a napkin!

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
That's funny but true. We took a bunch of customers to a Pistons game. I kept ordering these trays of cookies for the guests til the boss told me: "Every time I ask for the tray of cookies, it's costing me $150". I said, "Well, I guess we're done ordering cookies". I thought I was funny, he didn't. See, that's what happens when I drink.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tuesday's tour took our group into a suite that can be leased for $800,000 a year - which doesn't include the price of game or event tickets but does offer a large pizza for $90 (no toppings), 12-packs of domestic beer for $66 apiece and a four-pack of Red Bull for $22, among other ridiculously priced items.
Not really that ridiculous......

....if they are delivered by Jessica Alba in a nightie. :razz:

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
12 pack of beer, 66 bucks....that's only $5.50 each, which seems like a bargain at NFL stadiums these days.

Man, how I want to rail on the Cowgirls and JJ, but I've been to Redskins stadium, and those prices seem paltry compared to FedEx Field.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
and she gives you a lap dance while feeding it to you.
you get more than $10 for a piece of pizza in tx and a cookie in mi.
i'm glad i live in the midwest!

VirginIslander

This Space For Rent
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
That's funny but true. We took a bunch of customers to a Pistons game. I kept ordering these trays of cookies for the guests til the boss told me: "Every time I ask for the tray of cookies, it's costing me $150". I said, "Well, I guess we're done ordering cookies". I thought I was funny, he didn't. See, that's what happens when I drink.
LOL, thats friggin hilarious

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I'm a huge Cowboys fan and that is outrageous. Maybe Jones should stop paying ridiculous salaries for ridiculous players. I am just waiting for the next headline ... Michael Vick signs a 4 year $50 MILLION deal to play backup QB for the Cowboys.