What's new

99 and Atlanta

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Edwards needs to learn that he is not entitled to the space in front of the front end of others cars just because he is Aflac's b*tch. I can see getting back at someone for wrecking them when it was 100% their fault, but Carl was the one creeping down the track when contact was made with BK. Carl expected him to slow down just for him so Carl could have position. I guess he was upset when he realized BK was actually racing.

What he did to BK when he turned him going 195 mph was totally irresponsible and dangerous. Stating that he didn't expect the car to flip shows just how reckless the move was. He basically says that I did it but didn't think that was going to happen, aka I am clueless to how these cars work but am gonna be a jackass anyways unless ppl slow down for me (his spotter told biffle's last week to let Carl by as well).

Suspend him. NASCAR will be fine without him. There is some great racing going on this year with a lot of drivers looking strong. No need for someone who wrecks people when it wasn't that persons fault to begin with.

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
On one hand, I agree fully that what Edwards did was absolutely reckless and that he deserves a suspension...BUT...on the other hand, it was Nascar themselves who came out at the beginning of the year with a rule change allowing (among other things) bump drafting.

Their CEO's direct comment was: "What you need to know is how we regulate and officiate the events week in and week out, we're going to have an eye on putting things back in the drivers' hands. They're going to mix it up a little bit differently because we're going to loosen up."

Well ok then...here's what you get when you put things back in the drivers' hands.....

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
I agree shake. If he is not intellengent enough to realize the dangers that reckless driving (racing) can have at those speeds, he needs a wake up call. It looks bad on the sport of racing (which, lets face it...they dont need any help from carl anyways) it is this kind of irresponsible behavior that Nascar is really trying to avoid this year, as well as in years past. Its also the kind of behavior that may or may not get somebody killed unfortunately...I'm a race fan, but i dont bleed nascar...so sorry if my opinion sounds a little obscure, LOL...................Do you think Nascar will do anything to him??

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I hope NASCAR does more to Edwards than put him on probation like they usually do. I hate Edwards. Remember when he tried to punch Kenseth a year or so ago? Kenseth said he doesn't like him as a teammate.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hope NASCAR does more to Edwards than put him on probation like they usually do. I hate Edwards. Remember when he tried to punch Kenseth a year or so ago? Kenseth said he doesn't like him as a teammate.
I don't remember that. I do however remember Jeff Gordon and Matt Kenseth getting into it after a race.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I think Carl is a bit like Tiger Woods. He has (or his sponsors have) created this good guy image, but really he is a f*cking Dbag. Get rid of him, there are plenty of great drivers out there to cheer for.

On top of all the danger Carl ruined a what could have been a really great finish (we will never know thanks to his immaturity).

Psojka RP,601

This place IS my vacation
Rating - 94.7%
19   1   0
yes, it would have been a great race to see the finish of. Thanks Carl!!

Maybe someone should start a "Thanks Carl" thread <OR> send a nice thank-you to him personally :angerFU:

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Their CEO's direct comment was: "What you need to know is how we regulate and officiate the events week in and week out, we're going to have an eye on putting things back in the drivers' hands. They're going to mix it up a little bit differently because we're going to loosen up."

Well ok then...here's what you get when you put things back in the drivers' hands.....
He was refering to when your racing for a win or position. Edwards was 100+ laps down when he did that. Edwards is a Dbag for sure. He thinks every driver should make way for him and if you don't well you see what happens. NASCAR got to nip this in the butt before he gets somebody hurt or killed.