What's new

A Bad Cigar

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Ps I, like a lot of others, have smoked some very unsatisfying cigars to get to where I'm at now on knowing what I like, but still constantly trying new things to keep expanding further.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Having a box of Padron 2000s just chilling in a coolidor is not a bad idea at all. Get youself a cooler, hit the devil sites, win a pile of fivers at auction, and let them all rest for 6mo to a year.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
If I experience a bad stick, I follow it up with a stick I know is going to please.

TTT

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The only cigar I have ever disliked and not finished has been Padron. I have tried a variety of them and did not care for a single one. Only cigar I have ever thrown away without finishing. Not sure if these were all the thousands number series or if any were their high end sticks. We don't all like the same things. As a new cigar smoker you will have some trial and error to deal with. Do not discount a cigar because of other's opinions and likewise do not be discouraged if you try a cigar everyone loves and you don't enjoy it at all. Eventually you may find a few people that you realize have similar taste and can get some good direction from them.

If you find yourself with a bunch of sticks you do not care for throw them up for a trade for something you know you like.

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Duds are Duds- some of the best smokes out there are duds ..
sometimes a tree truck stem makes it way into these, or the torcedor sneezed and some tobac got ....

anything hand crafted by people of any 2nd-3rd world country is bound to pass along some missed rejects

Thanks

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
sometimes a tree truck stem makes it way into these, or the torcedor sneezed and some tobac got ....

anything hand crafted by people of any 2nd-3rd world country is bound to pass along some missed rejects

Thanks
Well put. and some cigars just are meh. Its worse when you try a cigar and really like it and then the next one not so much etc. Up and down. If I know I like a cigar and it is not working it is usually the time of day, my attitude, wind etc. If it is the first time I try one, I try another. Two in a row and I'm done.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0

Thanks
Well put. and some cigars just are meh. Its worse when you try a cigar and really like it and then the next one not so much etc. Up and down. If I know I like a cigar and it is not working it is usually the time of day, my attitude, wind etc. If it is the first time I try one, I try another. Two in a row and I'm done.
Solid. I like this thought process. Thanks to everyone who has contributed their opinion.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
And StogieNinja, no more 60+rg sticks. Got it. :)
Yeah, some may like the big jawbreaker RG's, personally I think they're worthless for the most part.
I remember when 54 was considered a "Big" RG.

I feel they are a fad, and more and more cigar companies are drinking the koolaid and making sticks in 60+RG
I lost a lot of respect for RyJ when they followed the trend in "Big RG Sticks"
I think its designed for the novice folks who think the size of their cigar is a reflection of their manliness. Ive read threads on fellas goin to bike week and such and have other bikers scoff at their "puny" sticks. While they would flaunt the Big 60 like it made them a bada$$ cigar smokin biker.

Screw it, Im man enough to enjoy my Lancero, and enjoy the great flavors from a higher wrapper to binder/filler ratio.