What's new

A bad morning is always good.......

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I was running around since am this morning after going to bed at 12 from a shift yesterday. I finished packing, walked the pup, back to the firehouse to print my parking pass and drop something off for a fellow brother. Flying up to midway I just kept thinking with all the power outages and traffic delays I was going to be late. Great my trip will already have a bump in the road before it even begins. Well I get in the ride and fly lot open the trunk.......only my checked bag no carry on no clothes. Just beer and golf balls. Instant pain and phone calls to the wife. I got here hour and a half early btw.
Well thru Tsa and get a bite to eat.
Ordering my sandwich and I spot a USMC with his wife. He's seems to be smiling then I look down and see 2 hand crutches and a back brace. I turn to the lady taking preorders and hand her a 20. Take this and please give it to the cashier for there order. Plead tell them a person thanks him for his service. 5 mins goes by and I get a tap on the shoulder. "thank you". No thank you for your service and your sacrifice.
How did u know it was me I asked? You have a bright red joilet ff supports it's wounded warriors shirt on!...,...
The wifes overnighting the bag today, I'm walking on the plane and going to have a great time w great friends. Suddenly things are always better then we make them seem some times.
Have a great weekend gents,
Jfire

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Just trying to show how fortunate I am to be able to go to NY this weekend. It instantly turned my whole day around and mindset!

bdc30

BoM May '11
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Good on 'ya J. It's too easy to get caught up in our own day to day bs from time to time - nothing like a little reality check to put things in to perspective.

Great gesture! Enjoy your weekend

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
That is an awesome thing you did Justin. And the good kharma will pay you back 10 fold on this trip I am sure. Not that you did it for any sort of pay back but kharma will get you back.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Once again you show the world why yours stand up guy! Safe travels bro and have fun this weekend!!

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Dude, you could have just skipped the shipment of your clothes, I am pretty sure they have an Abercombie Kids store there for all your "smedium" needs :headroll::headroll::headroll::laugh::thumbsup::stretchgr

DONT FORGET GUYS...JUSTINS BDAY IS AUGUST 1st!!!

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Great story and a first class move, Justin! You and everybody else who's at the BOTL Herf have an awesome time! I'll be there in spirit!