What's new

A cheaper alternative to a coolidor?

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
As long as it is air tight I would think that it would work just fine.

Actually I think that I may just pick one of those up for myself...Thanks for the tip!!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I say go for it! Imo, it would look a lot better than a cooler.
I thought it looked a bit better myself.

As long as it is air tight I would think that it would work just fine.

Actually I think that I may just pick one of those up for myself...Thanks for the tip!!
I keep the AC going in my apartment in the mid 60's (Utilities are included so I'm stickin' it to 'em), so I figure it'll be fine and I'll save the extra 40 dollars.

Now I gotta find the closest Cabela's

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
You wouldn't need to keep it off for an hour. Just simply opening it for a minute or so will refresh the air in the container.

Just open it up.... fondle your sticks lovingly... then close it again and you will be just fine :thumbsup:

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Just open it up.... fondle your sticks lovingly... then close it again and you will be just fine :thumbsup:
... as long as you are in the privacy of your own home, or you're looking at some kind of misdemeanor at least! o)

and yes, a perfect seal would be bad. pop it once a week, though, and you got a decent solution!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wonder how it smells? Coolers are designed with food storage in mind and have "food safe" interior.

I really dig the idea, but I think I'd want to give it a sniff test before buying one.