What's new

A cigar I'd like to see.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Most other cigars are not Puros... I think Cuban Puros are in a class of their own.

*pulls out one of his Cubans, peels the wrapper of a torano 1916 and puts it around the cigar*

Hmmmmm.....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting a cameroon wrapper around your favorite cuban would be the easiest way to do it. Not sure it would be very effective as I think the filler, binder, etc. would over power the new wrapper. Maybe trying it on a milder cigar would give a better effect.

I've tried placing cuban wrapper on a Padron before but I didn't taste a huge difference.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Jesse, you should see if you can get ahold of some inexpensive MMs and see about trying that out. I'd be interested in hearing what the outcome was, though if I had to mix, I think I'd be more interested in what a good NC maduro wrapper would do.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
A friend of mine was in Puerto Vallarta (sp?) this winter and picked me up some Cuban filler/binder, Mexican wrapper cigars from a local cigar factory. It wasn't the best cigar as the two flavors kind of clashed. About 2" in I pulled off the wrapper and was in for a tasty treat. The filler was definately Cuban and it tasted great. The wrap wasn't Camaroon but it gave me a glimpse into what Non-puro's would be like.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
So do you think with something other than the Mexican wrapper (but still NC) it would have been worthwhile then?

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Hard to say. The prototypical Cuban flavor is one which is so very unique when it comes to comparison w/ N/C's. I think if the flavors had time to marry it may make it's own very unique taste but until they start to become one you may run into what I noticed; two different and very uncomplimentary flavors in the same smoke. I'm sure like everything else, good compliments can be found among tobacco of different origins, I just think it won't be as simple as saying "a cammie wrap on a Mag 46 will be awesome!" *I just think there will have to be new cigars that take advantage of what both origins of tobacco have to offer. *JMHO though.

*what this means is that new blends of Cubans will have to be thought out that are complimented by N/C tobacco, just in case I wasn't clear.