What's new

A couple of questions...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,
I was pleasantly surprised by a cigar in a "grab bag" sampler I received. It was not a "top shelf" brand but was an excellent smoke....at least I enjoyed it. It was a big city cigar.
I was wondering if any of y'all had ever been pleasantly surprised by a cigar in a "grab bag" sampler.
Also I was wondering if any of y'all had ever heard of or dealt with a company in Kentucky called Black Patch Cigar Co.
I ran across their website....http://www.blackpatchcigarco.com
and was intrigued. I sent them an email but as yet no response.
Anybody ever heard of these guys?

Puff13

Stogie Buster
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have found a lot of cigars that wernt high grade ,and they were very nice ,smoked and tasted well ,never heard of that company ,but thanks for sharing it...

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I think cigars are much like wine, in you don't always get what you pay for. . . it's possible to find cigars out there that aren't high priced, or well rated, that you may love. . . I say this all the time on coffee boards, "taste is the only morality"

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't typically get too many samplers theese days but I have been surprised a couple of times, Never amazed but surprised.

as far as Black patch I have never heard of them

-Ryan

JDP

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I tried one recently called a GR Specials Red label Churchill. It was under $4 and better than many that I've had for twice the price.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I smoked a bundled smoke the other day, had no clue what it was until after. It was a great smoke and ended up being a $2 cigar.

You'll never know unless you try it.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There's a difference between a cheap cigar that tastes good and a cheap cigar...as a friend of mine recently pointed out, "life's too short to smoke shitty cigars". I have some very nice tasting cigars that don't cost much, but I don't have anything in any of my humis that I consider junk...got rid of those long ago. It's not about price, bundle, or the pretty box to me, it's about the taste...Heck, one of the best buys for the money is the Flor de Oliva bundles. Not expensive if you are looking for an everyday smoke, and always tasty.

sorry for the little threadjack!

Gotta go have a smoke...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a bundle of seconds from Partagas or Fuente, I can't remember which... about 2/3 of them were fine, they were at the level of their banded cigars. The remainder were rolled too tight or generally poor construction. Supposedly these are from their rookie rollers.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
When I was just starting with cigars, I ordered a grab bag from an online vendor. Included was an "El Tiante," which was Louis Tiant's own line of cigars. It was an Excellent rosdado-wrapped torpedo. Surprisingly so. I looked around and at the time, they could still be ordered off of Tiant's website, but they cost more than I was willing to pay at the time. (MY, how that's changed. :rofl:)