Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Woke up to tornado sirens at 4am

Grabbed kids, went to basement

Sounded like niagara falls

Sump pump pipe had burst

A foot of water

All cigars stored in basement....

Thank god for the tornado sirens or I would have never caught it in time. The water was just an inch past the bottom of the aristocrat (feet are like 2 inches high so it did not make it in the cabinet. Rest of cigars in coolers, yes they do float well....

Another 30 mins and all would have been lost.

Time to wait for the plumbing guy to fix then the water damage people to come.....I need a drink and a smoke!

itallushrt

hero
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Oh crap brother. Good save, but sorry about the rest of the damage. This line of storms was quite serious huh? I was also woken by a tornado siren a there was a confirmed touch down about 5 miles away.

T-storms in February...:eyequiver

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yea, go figure....

to top it off, the entire sewer system in this town backed up...others have it much worse as my issue was the pipe breaking, many others have sewer backing up....

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
when carrying the aristocrat upstairs the humidifier spilled. A few of the boxes got water damage on the outside...

Should I open them and take cigars out (still sealed) or will the wood just dry??

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
when carrying the aristocrat upstairs the humidifier spilled. A few of the boxes got water damage on the outside...

Should I open them and take cigars out (still sealed) or will the wood just dry??
I would take them out of any boxes that got wet, water like that would probably start to grow mold very easily....

Good luck with everything, hopefully there is minimal damage and its not too costly to repair.

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
No sirens here, but the wife woke me up several times from the thunder. Glad to hear everyone is safe and your cigars were saved from the brink of doom!

Dan

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Plumbers cam fixed the pipe, standing water now gone.

Water damage clean up just left said "It's not going to be cheap" as the initial estimate.... Gotta love it...

But like I said, others had it much worse and most do not have any type of flood / sewer backup coverage...

I bet, the city will be declared a disaster area and FEMA will get involved...Will be interesting to see how it plays out...

Thanks for all the kind wishes..

Big downside, wife actually got an appreciation for just how many cigars I have...(to her more tha a box is a lot) She goes "Sell some of that crap to pay for the clean up". Not sure I want to go there yet :)

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Wow

Glad to hear that you and the family are okay.

Cigars being spared is great as well!

Don't know if you have ServePro in your area, but they are TOP NOTCH in water damage...Great company. Best of luck!