What's new

A. Fuente Gran Reserva Petit Corona

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy sitting in my humi for a little over 3 weeks and decided to light him up to try to mellow myself out before a job interview tomorrow.

Lit fine and eased into a rather even burn. Never had to fight the draw, so I'd say it was pretty smooth in that regard. On the first couple of draws, I'd say I notice a bit of bitterness with a hint of nuttiness. Quickly, as exiting the first third of the stick, I'd say the bitterness disappeared and was instead replaced with a bit of pepper, but predominantly nutty the whole rest of the way.

All in all, I'd say this was probably more to the medium fare of things. I tend to enjoy what I'd call stronger cigars a bit more (Macanudo Portofino Robustos and Dark Knights are two of my favorites in my limited history and exposure), but this one hit the spot for being a quick, tiny smoke.

It really seemed to hit the spot for me. Seemed like a decently priced stick for the enjoyment I got out of it.

I'm still trying to develop my palate and pick out some of the more subtle nuances of the cigars, so I'd appreciate any comments at to anyone else's experience with this cigar.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I haven't smoked one of these before, but I get the some of same flavors from Fuentes as you describe: nutty, a little spicy, however I've always noticed a sweet taste as well. And defenitely medium to mild.

Nice review :thumbsup:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Greg,

Have you actually ever found one of your Quadruple Beers stateside? (Or MD?)

I've been intrigued ever since I saw your avatar.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I have had it before when I was visiting friends in San Fran last year, though closer to home for you and I, Mannequin Pis is an EXCELLENT Belgian restaurant in Olney that features many, many Belgian beers and they might serve it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll have to check that out - not far from my parts.

I'm all in for Belgian Beers...I don't know much about Belgian food...other than the waffles. :stretchgr

Bugs me that I know see Leffe Blond in stores now, but not the Leffe Triple that I had when I went on a trip over to Denmark. Aw...so many good beers over there, and so few exported to the US.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
If you like the Dark Knight, you'll probably like the Partagas Black even more. It's substantially richer and stronger, but not bitter or harsh. It's one of my faves.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
thanksk for the review doom! i agree with the nutty flavor.

i like AF's! the chateaus, don carlos, hemmingways, anejo's, la unica's, montesinos, diamond crowns,,,, age 'em a bit and you'll lose the initial bitterness.

jeff