What's new

A. Fuente Short Story review

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm sure most of you have smoked this little cigar. However, this was my first one, and I keep noticing how everyone is saying that they would like to see more reviews, so I smoked this one with a review in mind. I know this cigar is nothing new to most of you, but hopefully you enjoy it either way.
Cigar: A. Fuente Short Story
Paired with: Oscar Blues Old Chub Scotch Ale
Cut or punch: I went with a straight cut tonight

On the preflight draw, the most significant taste I had was a sort of hay like taste. I've seen barnyard used as a description and I could sniff a bit of that as well.

There was decent smoke coming from this cigar, the light up was relatively smooth in my opinion. I'm really not sure what it was I was tasting, but I'm thinking it may have just been a tobacco taste. Sort of sweet. A bit later on I noticed what I can only describe as almost a black licorice type taste with maybe a little bit of a pretzel taste after that.
The ash stayed on until about halfway through the smoke, and I was pleased with the cigar overall. Total smoking time was about 45 minutes, it could have went longer possibly, but as it started to get close to the end, the smoke started to get very hot and the cigar seemed to need more attention to stay lit. It burned itself out.

I was happy with this cigar. It was a nice short smoke with decent flavors, nothing too overpowering. I might consider getting a box of these in the future. It was interesting to light as this was my first perfecto and I was a bit unsure how to light it.

Hope you enjoyed,
Cal

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
thanks for the review! doesn't matter that the SS is old hat to a lot of us here, it will always be new to someone. also, it never hurts for guys like me to have a reminder now and again, so as to not forget an old fave. o)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I went with lighting the tiny foot. It was interesting. I also meant to add that the beer seemed to pair well with the cigar and that the cigar had a good draw, even with just the tiny foot lit.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Northwest Suburbs of the Windy City of Chicago
Great review bro! Even though many have smoked this stick, a lot of folks haven't even heard of it. From my experience, these aren't on the shelf that often, so it's good to get people thinking about it so they can start the search! Glad you enjoyed and now I will likely light one up tonight that I recently bought.

Great job and keep em comin'!

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I really love these. They were my first box purchase, of which I still have a few. It's something I recommend everybody keep at least a 5er on hand.

Excellent review; thanks for sharing.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Had my first one this past Sunday. Paired with a Rogue Imperial Stout 2012. It was bliss, and then I went and saw 21 Pilots live and it was an amazing day! I'll be buying more of these!

Preston

blessednxs65

Is it Nicaraguan
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Just noted how SS was a favorite short smoke and now I see this. Gonna have to burn one soon. Thanks for the review.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Great job on the review! These are great. I love the cameroon wrapper. Although, I bought a couple of the maduros which I've yet to try

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
After having struggled through a few cigars and never really liking the experience, I tried the Short Story last year and loved it. It's the one that got me into cigars seriously and I still really enjoy them. I've tried a lot of new stuff over the past year but I still love the SS. You can find them online occasionally for just under $6 a stick.

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
SS are great when time is short for sure. I've been placing some in bombs so people can try if they haven't before. Smoked a ton over the winter.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I have had one SS and it wasnt my thing. Not sure if it was a dud as everyone else seems to enjoy it but it wasnt that great for me. I am happy that you enjoyed it though. Thats the good thing about everyone having diff palettes., there are cigars out there for all of us!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Eddy... ss dud.... second chance... bomb soon...
No no my B&M has a ton of them. Ill pick one up tomorrow. No need to send me anything brother. Thanks! Ive had quite enough bombs here. And I am going to have to go on a bomb hiatus shortly due to some personal things which sucks.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
One of the "best of show" cigars of all time IMO. In 08 09 I smoked 2-3 boxes of this cigar and loved every one of them.