What's new

A good $1 cigar

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Stopped by one of the local shops today, owned and run by husband and wife. While in the humidor, a customer came in humidor with the wife. His wife just had a baby and he wanted a box of cigars. he needed 25 and could only spend $1 each. I have never seen a $1 cigar in this store! The owner showed him the "It's a girl" cigars. They were over $1 each. She kept trying to find him cigars. He looked at me and said "You look like you know what you are doing, what's a good cheap cigar?" I tried to point him to a bundle of FDO Naturals. They run about $2. The owner rolled her eyes and said, "I showed him those, but they are more than a dollar." He ended up buying the "It's a girl" cigars.
We both made our purchase and walked outside. I congratulated him on the birth of his daughter, it had only been a few hours before. He was still in shock from it all and just knew he needed to go buy some cigars.
I had picked up a couple of CAO Golds for a trip I am taking next week. My brother had told me to bring the cigars. My brother can buy his own cigars. I gifted the Golds to the new father and told him after he has calmed down, wife and baby are home, wife and baby are sleeping, go sit outside, fire up one of the Golds and relax!
We talked for a few minutes more. He has been smoking a cigar every few months. I told him to visit BOTL.org and let his cigar education begin. Maybe we'll see him here.

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
nice moves man!

I tried to gift a nice party short to the proprietor of the closest thing to a B&M I have around here. It was a thank you for pretty much letting me go through his orders and pick a few vitolas I wanted him to carry. This jerk had the gaul to tell me he didn't want because he was sure it was fake. For the record this is the same guy who, when I went in to see if they carried boveda products, told me to put a paper towel under the faucet and stick it in my ottorbox and I should be fine. I went home and placed an order with heartfelt industries.