What's new

A Good Medium Bodied Smoke

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I have found my taste has changed a lot since I have started practicing my retro-hale. I enjoy a lot more medium to medium-full smokes without the pepper or burn in the sinuses.

The only one I have found that I enjoy at my local B&M so far is the San-Cristobal and Toraño Master. The cigar selection at my store is mostly full body large ring gauge smokes. I want to order some stuff online but its always a crap shoot trying to find a well balanced smoke.

I definitely trust your opinions a lot more than some random reviews online. So I was wondering what you guys would suggest? My favorite flavors are cedar, coffee and cocoa. I am open to any other flavors. The best smoke I have had that fit my profile so far was the CC Bolivar Corona Jr. Suggest away and thanks in advance for the help. <3's

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Look at some of the Curivari lines. All of them, IMO are excellent. Seleccion Privada and the Reserva Cafe are probably the mildest (medium though, not mild). El Gran Rey and Gloria de Leon are stronger, but with incredible flavors. The Reserva Classica and 1000 Series are the fullest.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Coffee and Cocoa with very little spice in an NC would be a Padron Maduro 1000 series, medium at best. The '64 just has more coffee and cocoa, but a higher price and fuller body. If you can get your hands on some Hemingway Madruo's, they will be right in your wheelhouse. Reinado cigars would also be another good choice, a little more spice than the others, but creamy as well, medium.

As far as CC's go, in my opinion there is a wider range of lower strength cigars than there are in NC, that also taste great. The Bolivar PC obviously, RASCC if you can find any, RyJ Short Churchill are currently one of my favorites, not the flavors you listed, but such an enjoyable mild-medium strength smoke with tons of flavor! Oh, Vegas Robaina would be right up your alley! They are on the pricier side, but if you can get your hands on a few to try, I don't think you'll be let down, lots of coffee.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Look at some of the Curivari lines. All of them, IMO are excellent. Seleccion Privada and the Reserva Cafe are probably the mildest (medium though, not mild). El Gran Rey and Gloria de Leon are stronger, but with incredible flavors. The Reserva Classica and 1000 Series are the fullest.
^this^

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
pdr 1878 habano or flores y rodriguez habano.

(i've been on a kick)

also, YES to the padron K's. 2000 in natural or maduro, about $100 a box, AND they get a lot better with age? great!