What's new

a hello and a question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i finally got off my ass and posted here... i like the layout better than CW (what a crime to say that)... maybe it's just me... i like classic things...

anyway, i got a question for you folks... if you're smoking halfway (maybe half of the cigar or 3/4) and for whatever reason, you have to stop, what do you do? chuck the rest of it (if it wasn't too expensive) or try and save the rest for some other time?

personally if i have more than 1/4 of it left, i'll take my cutter and cut about an inch down from the lit end... that tends to get most of the burning part, and save it for later... but that's just cheapskate me talking... :p

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For me it depends on how long wait before re-lightning.. up to an hour or so.. yep.. that is what I do to... with the addition of blowing out air from the cigar before letting it die out to get rid of as much smoke build up in the cigar that'll go stale and effect the flavour.

If it is more than an hour.. I toss it.. it'll not come back to life in a good way... it'll more remind me of the pet semetary cat from Stephen Kings novel :D :D :D

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Bro Hawkan's got it. Make sure you blow out before cutting though, otherwise you are going to have a pretty nasty cigar when you relight.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I throw it away, just never tastes the same when you relight IMO.

Ironman

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
hawkan2580 said:
it'll more remind me of the pet semetary cat from Stephen Kings novel :D :D :D
:shock: Scary! :shock:

For me it depends on how good a cigar it is and how long it's been out. Mostly if I can't finish it I toss it. They seem to get funky pretty quick.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
In the past I let it burn out and put it in a ziplock baggie. Usually when I fired it up again it would taste like crap. Didnt know about blowing the smoke out then cutting the end off. Thanks

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
klmhoward said:
In the past I let it burn out and put it in a ziplock baggie. Usually when I fired it up again it would taste like crap.
Yeah, you are pretty much guaranteed a cigar that will taste like an ashtray, if not worse, when you do that.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Too many variables, it all depends on the cigar, the place the time, etc, etc. If I'm at home with a decent cigar and I have to stop for a few :D minutes, I relight, no questions,

gonz

RKBA
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I agree with Coma.

Many times i'm able to get it going again, just toasting it a little. There does come a point of no return however.

As i, or should i say my smoking habits, mature... i'm realizing the amount of time i need to commit to a particular cigar (easy to tell by size). Then i try to make sure i choose the right stick accordingly.

Sometimes re-lighting is no issue at all, but sometimes it can turn ugly. Remember to "purge"!!!!

And welcome aboard Maddened! :smt039

Texas Cop

Cavalry Scout
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For me, it all depends on how much I enjoy the cigar...I have been known to leave them over night and light up again in the morning! It is definately a different taste, but usually it is still enjoyable..

Anderw

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Ironman said:

Ironman
Hey even a bad BJ is still a BJ dude..... 8)

But seriously, as said from the other brothers it depends on how long of a period in between we are talkin. 15 min - 1hr and i'll just relite the bi*ch. If it's going to be a day or so etc...then i'll chuck it.
:wink:

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Pulse said:
Ironman said:

Ironman
Hey even a bad BJ is still a BJ dude..... 8)

But seriously, as said from the other brothers it depends on how long of a period in between we are talkin. 15 min - 1hr and i'll just relite the bi*ch. If it's going to be a day or so etc...then i'll chuck it.
:wink:
Stop quoting me :twisted:

Ironman

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If it's just a few minites, I'll purge it, lay it down, and let it go out.

If it's gonna be longer, purge, cut, and hope for the best.

Some cigars aren't worth it, IMO. And the first couple puffs after relighting are usually less than stellar. But if it's a gooooood stick, I still think it's worth the try.

You always have the option to toss it....

----------

RiverRat the frugal.

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I guess everyone has been "interrupted" in the middle of a Stogie before.
I always used to Toss'em if it's more than an Hour. But I came across this Very cool accessory called "The Cigar Savour" It's a metal tube with an moisture element in it. You Back Flow the Cigar(blow through it) Clip the Charred tobacco off and throw that baby inside. I've gone back Day's later(I forgot actually :roll: ) and just for fun Sparked it up. :shock:
After the first couple of puffs it was great! Who Knew?

I still don't keep the Cheapies. But I really hate to Jet a Fine Habanos or a Primo DC just because I got interrupted.

The Savour is only like $20 and It has Paid for itself several times over already.
FYI

Slack 8)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont usually re-light. It never seems to taste the same. even when i blow out the smoke, etc. like some of u mentioned..

I usually dont attempt to smoke something that i have any doubts in my free time to enjoy.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I dont get interupted when having a cigar... Yes... I'm that selfish :wink:

If I did... I wouldnt relight though :?

maybe I guess if someday I could find me a little alaskan flava sava or something :smt102