What's new

A Hello from Blighty

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a pleasure it is to be here. I smoked my first cigar some 8 years ago at university - RJ if I recall, though I couldn't tell you the vitola or line. Probably a No. 3. Who knows.

It started out as a slow-burning (geddit!) obsession: I'd buy a stick every now and again for a special occasion, or maybe a few more to treat some friends, but I was never particularly knowledgeable or conscious of what I was buying and why.

Cue my wedding a year or so ago, where a box of 10 RJ was the treat for my fellow stags, and a three-pack of RJ Wide Churchills for the big day; and the light was put to the touch paper, and the obsession really started. From then, passing through Gatwick aiport en route to Marrakesh for the honeymoon, I raided the humidor for some Davidoffs. Then, finding a humidor in the souks of the city to store my precious sticks, it was back to the UK.

Before long, my makeshift humidor just wasn't big enough - I was fascinated with trying different makers, regions and vitolas. I don't see any sign of it slowing down either. Latest purchase below. The only way from here is up - cabinets and cabinets of beautiful sticks.

View media item 48640
End ramble.

TLDR; Hello from the UK. Obsession has taken hold. Likes Romeo y Julietas.