What's new

A Little Help Here...Mold or Plume

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. I have decided that I am going to spring for one of each. Let them sit in my small acclimation humi for a couple of days and then put fire to one each.

I will post a review and let you know what I think.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Thanks everyone. I have decided that I am going to spring for one of each. Let them sit in my small acclimation humi for a couple of days and then put fire to one each.

I will post a review and let you know what I think.
check the dust on them first. If it is even slightly "sandy" or "grainy" or powdery, the ditch the idea. Even experienced tobacconists get it wrong, much less a shop like this. The "plume" looks too white, too even, NOT like mold. Best of luck, but you are probably getting 2 cigars covered in something that is not plume. Of course I hope I am wrong.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Defiantly a coating from using unfiltered water. Mold is not that even and plume / bloom is crystalline and while it usually appears over the entire cigar it does not "cover" the cigar.

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
It's def. not mold, that much I am sure. It's too fine of a coat to be mold and mold grows in patches, not evenly all over the cigar. If every other cigar in the humi looks the same, then it's from using non-distilled water in the humidifier. It is hard to tell because of the pictures, but it looks like you might have yourself some fine aged sticks there!

Just thought of something....look at the shelves and other boxes to see if you can see or feel the powder on them as well. If it's mineral deposits from not using distilled water it'll be all over everything in there. If they're clean, I'd say you scored!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well gents, I went by that shop and u[on inspection and then asking the man behind the counter how he services his humidifying device only to have him not just say but, show me (tap water...) I opted not to buy.

I told him that he should be using Distilled Water and he thanked me and said he'd pass that on to the owner.

Thanks for the feedback and thanks for saving me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were mold or mineral deposits, wouldn't it be on the bands too? In the first picture of the Camachos, it looks like the bands are clean... If that's the case, I would say plume...