What's new

A little help, if a brother has the time.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm smoking a jv13 and it is the most underwhelming smoke I've had to date. Part of it is the price tag...most I've spent on a stick yet. And I'm not talking shit about Tat because I really liked Fausto (which the blend for jv13 is supposed to be based on right?), and shortly after smoking first Fausto I tried the Miami... It immediately moved a notch higher on my list. Part might be that I've smoked 2 very good-great sticks today, and my last day of smoking just a bit back was nothing short of sublime.
Anyone tried one of these?
It just has 0 character and a kinda green pile of detritus that has stewed long enough to give off a ripe odor, flavor to it .

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don`t know I had them fresh and I had them a year later and I love them both ways. Everybody`s palate is different so If they don`t do it for you try something else. Maybe you you should try one without smoking anything before hand though your tastebuds may have been kaput lol
Thanks , I'll do that.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Ya I've had three and have two more. I always get those awesome tat flavors for the whole 3 hours it takes to smoke. I thought the wrapper was exceedingly good on it as well. Maybe just a dud.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
+1 on having it after 2 other sticks. What were they? If they were medium to full and more than Robusto size anything after them wouldn't taste like much. The only way I have a chance of enjoying that much smoke in a day is a size and strength graduation from smaller and milder to larger RG and stronger profile and plenty of time and meals between them. As such I rarely smoke that many in a day.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think try some more. Hard to judge a cigar with just 1 sample. Also, +1 on the comments above. Have ample time of rest between cigars. Also, have something to clean your pallet if you're planning to have multiple cigars. Licorice works for me. Fennel seeds too.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Thanks for all replies. In response to question above
..I smoked an Crowned Head's AA before noon and then last night had a Padron Anny '64 (?). Then about two hours later tried the jv. So yeah... def had some awesome smokes. After reading above I'm leaning towards a dud because I didn't smoke them one after the other but who knows...
Just another example of the philosophy of, if two is good then three has to be even better right?, has let me down.

What was that? Did someone... Did someone say addictive personality? I WANT TO KNOW WHO THE F!+- SAID ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY?... LMAO.

Thanks again for all your input!

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Thanks for all replies. In response to question above
..I smoked an Crowned Head's AA before noon and then last night had a Padron Anny '64 (?). Then about two hours later tried the jv. So yeah... def had some awesome smokes. After reading above I'm leaning towards a dud because I didn't smoke them one after the other but who knows...
Just another example of the philosophy of, if two is good then three has to be even better right?, has let me down.

What was that? Did someone... Did someone say addictive personality? I WANT TO KNOW WHO THE F!+- SAID ADDICTIVE PERSONALITY?... LMAO.

Thanks again for all your input!
That's a helluva a line up. I don't think it matters Whichever u smoked third out of those three ... It wouldn't/couldn't have tasted like much. I guess some people can do it but generally I think your taste buds and olfactory were muted by then. Also were u drinking? That's the other reason for me because usually bourbon or rum come along for the ride so again 1 ...2 sticks tops anything else would be a waste.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
And let me also add, things like this are what makes this site kick some ass! There are lots of things about this site I'm digging, but this is the best hands down...I posted this and minutes later BigBill responded. Then this morn I read all others... Wow!
I read it a lot around here, I've said it a few times,...but it just can't be said enough...
This is a Great Brotherhood!
Thanks for making me feel welcome and continuing to do so!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
No comment on whether I had a buzz or what kinda buzz it might've been. I've also thought about this... Yesterday was first day I tried a retro-hale and this morn I could feel and taste all those in my nose, etc. I think you all are absolutely on the right track and I retract early statement about this stick being a dud!
Thanks for the added input Mister40!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a helluva a line up. I don't think it matters Whichever u smoked third out of those three ... It wouldn't/couldn't have tasted like much. I guess some people can do it but generally I think your taste buds and olfactory were muted by then. Also were u drinking? That's the other reason for me because usually bourbon or rum come along for the ride so again 1 ...2 sticks tops anything else would be a waste.
Yep. This is why I smoke my crappy cigars after I've had 2 or 3 good ones and want some more. I can't even tell the difference by then.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
No comment on whether I had a buzz or what kinda buzz it might've been. I've also thought about this... Yesterday was first day I tried a retro-hale and this morn I could feel and taste all those in my nose, etc. I think you all are absolutely on the right track and I retract early statement about this stick being a dud!
Thanks for the added input Mister40!
Lol I actually did at they said but didn't see it because TT hadnt refreshed yet. I like all 3 sticks U had that night I don't think any of them would ever let you down