What's new

A little more on Lanceros...some $2 kind

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
With the current new reinvent of the once popular Lancero roll, I've found myself more and more drawn to the feel and in some cases, the ease of the Lancero draw. I'm sure there's more to be listed but off the top of my head without a Google we have...

Illusione
The new Rockys (Old World etc)
Coronado by La Flor Lancero
La Flor Dominicana DL Oscuro Lancero
Tempus by Alec Bradley Lancero
Oliva Serie V Lancero
Nestor Miranda Special Seleccion Lancero
Casa Torano Maduro Lancero
Cuvee Grand Centro Lancero 2006

The other night I was at the local B&M for a Poker Tournament and spied my yard cigar in the lancero roll. Upon further questioning, I find the Flor De Oliva bundles have a 7x38 they're calling a Panatela. I guess technically that would conform to the definition but since the last panatela I smoked was a DUTCH MASTERS CAMEROON ELITE (man that was a long time ago) I guess that size can be interpreted as inter-changeable. But I digress....

per Wiki..
* Panatelas – longer and generally thinner than Coronas
o Small Panatela (5" x 33)
o Carlota (5 ⅝" x 35)
o Short Panatela (5" x 38)
o Slim Panatela (6" x 34.9)
o Panatela (6" x 38)
o Deliciados/Laguito No. 1 (7 ¼" x 38)

With the Flor de Os being 7x38, I'd say they fall into the Deliciados/Laguito slot.

Anyway, I tried one and liked it very much (good draw, good burn, same Flor de O taste) so if you've been bitten by the Lancero bug and still like to have a bunch of $2 that conform to your standards, I'd suggest trying some of these. They work for me. :smokingbo

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Don't forget:

Padilla 1932
Padilla Miami
Padilla 1968
DPG Black Corona Especial
DPG Blue Lancero
DPG Blue Funadores
Tatuaje Especiales
Joyo De Nic Lancero
Old Henry Lancero
Opus X Petite Lancero

I don't think the ring guage quite fits but the San Cristobal Guijaro is almost in. It's a shade too fat though.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
There is also the:

Fuente Forbidden Opus X Lancero "the Phantom"

Fuente Don Carlos Lancero

Davidoff Millinium Blend Lancero

I'm sure there are a ton more

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
There are more and more cigars coming out in this size. Seems just a couple years ago that the only sizes you saw in a new cigar was robusto or churchill or something else with a large ring gage.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I always liked long thin cigars but they weren't that popular when I started smoking cigars. The only kind I had smoked were cubans. Now all these people are making them, its great.