What's new

A must read:

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Aaron @apnutter - a true BOTL

Every once in a while a very good deed goes unnoticed. Some times it is the intent of the do-gooder to leave quietly and hope that what they've done is positive and helps someone else. This way of giving is simply part of their dna, their way of living, their soul. Some times such a thing warrants pointing it out to others when the person doing good refuses to announce what he has done (yes, people like that exist) - or they simply don't want or need the attention.

Some (lots of you) at BOTL do this. Day in and day out. Today, I'm focusing on one person who made a big impact on me when witnessing such "goodness".

Aaron @apnutter was simply minding his own business when we announced a different kind of contest to help OE. The contest was simple: "ask your BM if they would donate something to OE".
Easy, simple ...and if they (the BM) donates something, your name is put in a hat to win some great prizes. What were those prizes, you ask?

1 sealed box of CH Paniolo - Hawaii Exclusive (donated by @Wicket)

1 sealed mystery box of cigars
(donated by a fat guy in MN)

...and 1 CH hat.

Now that's a bad ass contest, right? Easy to enter right?

So Aaron wins the drawing and collects all the loot. (right?) By the way, I should mention that this drawing was held a day or so before the big OE raffle...

So Aaron wins the 2 boxes of delicious smokes and a CH hat...and what does he do? He immediately says, "just send me the hat, no body guards, etc..just the hat"....and he immediately donates the other two full boxes of cigars to the OE raffle. Now here's the thing: all of the tickets for the raffle had already been sold - long ago. So, adding those two boxes to the raffle wouldn't increase ticket sales, and it really wouldn't do anything else to help OE per se. But what this act of kindness did do was give one or two other brothers the chance to win full boxes of awesome cigars. Aaron essentially "gave those boxes away" to other brothers. He didn't sell them, he didn't have his own new contest… essentially he just handed them over and said "here, give some other brothers a chance"

And he did so quietly. No fanfare, no "hey look at me"… he just very… quietly… let other brothers have them.

This (to me) is representative of what many BOTL are like; giving, quietly doing for others, sharing the joy.

Aaron, you're an "Ace" as L.Mazzini would say. Kind, giving and selfless.

We should all be like you.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Joel, this wasn't what I was expecting by the title but I truly truly truly appreciate your kind words along with everyone that has commented and will comment. This place is full of great brothers (Joel being one of the greatest) that put others before themselves. That is why this is the GREATEST cigar community in the world!!

I deserve no recognition for something alot of others would have done. The true recognition goes to the awesome group that makes OE a possibility, the guys that created OE and do the leg work to make the raffle, the auctions...etc and especially the large donation possible for the kids of Esteli.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The real thanks goes to the head honchos of OE and everyone that donated money and items, bought shirts, stickers and everything else that went along with it.

Joel, your a great brother and we will sit down for a beverage and a few sticks one day!!