What's new

A must try cigar! Perdomo ESV 91'

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I recently purchased and smoke one of three beautiful cigars. Well I actually smoked only the first one tonight. I bought three ESTATE SELECCIÓN VINTAGE 1991. They are the Phantom (4¼" x 52). I have to say right away they are from my limited cigar experience, hands down the best cigar I have ever had the honor of smoking.

I started out by looking it over smelling the fine tobacco, and carefully clipping the end. Then enjoying the aroma of the freshly clipped cigar, I gentle lit this beauty up. After carefully lighting up and getting the burn going, I sampled the first several draws. The taste and aroma were simply for me mind blowing. This cigars had a smooth rich creamy taste, Could pick a certain hint of anything if I tried, Not that good yet.

As I continued on this blissful journey, the creaminess of the cigar never faded, I just continued on as the burn continued. 1/2 way through and I'm in heaven, The richness and creamy smooth taste continues.

This cigar even though it is only 4.25 inches long and a 52 ring, still took me well over an hour to smoke. There was only an tiny butt left when I finally put her to bed, really because my fingers were scorched.

But I know I am still a Newbie, and I have many more fine cigar to go, but for me this one topped my charts. It was a total experience like none others when it come to cigars. I'm going to age the other two for a while and hit and get down and purchase a couple more while they are still around.

Can you guys who have smoke several of these Please help me to figure out what some of the flavors are you sensed in the cigar, maybe the next one I smoke I'll be a little better informed maybe what to look for.. Thanks

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
It was a well done review, I'm just not a fan of the cigar...haven't had a Perdomo I liked yet...you did a good review, though.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yeah, I looked at those, Way pricey though. I'll get one soon though, I hope. How about another one? NC

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Here are sone good NCs to try that won't break the bank ...

Avo XO + Signature
CAO Brazilia, Gold, Italia
Cusano 18
Fuente 858 + Hemingway series
Oliva Master Blends (1 or 3 )
Padron x000 series
Rocky Patel Vintage

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My top NC would be a Padron - either 1926 or 1964.

I burned a Diplomatico last night and it lasted me about 2 hrs. I generally take a little bit longer than the guys I smoke with but that thing was a long smoke. Loved every minute of it. When we are hanging out, I'll generally go through 2 robustos over an evening. I only need the one last night.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Here are sone good NCs to try that won't break the bank ...

Avo XO + Signature
CAO Brazilia, Gold, Italia
Cusano 18
Fuente 858 + Hemingway series
Oliva Master Blends (1 or 3 )
Padron x000 series
Rocky Patel Vintage
That's a nice list to start with. I'd add the CAO MX2 and anything from the Torano line

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Like Randy said, it was a good review, but the cigar just doesn't do ANYTHING for me personally.

If you want to try top-shelf NCs, I'd recommend:

- Padron 1964 Maduro
- Padron 1926 Maduro
- Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve Maduro
- Arturo Fuente Hemingway
- Fuente Fuente Opus X
- Ashton VSG
- Ashton ESG
- Cuesta-Rey Stanford's Reserve Cameroon
- Tatuaje
- Padilla Miami 8/11
- La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon

I think all of those are spectacular smokes, even tho there's a wide range of strength/body/flavors in that list.

There honestly are lots of high quality, really good NC cigars out there; you've just gotta get past the average stuff to find them.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
La Gloria Cubana Reserva
Rocky Patel Edge Series
Gran Habano #5 Series (very good price)

Lots of good NC's out there but

:smokingme Padron :smokingme Yes. Thesee is a ceegar

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i've tried and like and have several Patels, Mx2,Italia,and brazilia.
I've tried several of the padron x000 series. Don't care much for them.
I've eyeballed the Cusano's but haven't bought do they have a rich maduro?
Love the fuente's any and all.
I'm interested in the Cusano cigars though.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I'm on the right track though, I love the fuente's and patels and ashtons. thanks guys
Just be sure you're trying the RIGHT Fuentes, Patels, Padrons, and Ashtons!

All of them offer both lower end and higher end cigars. In other words, don't buy a Ashton Aged Maduro and think you are even in the same ballpark as the VSG or ESG...or don't buy a A.Fuente 8-5-8 and think you're up there with the Hemingway or Opus.

There's usually a G-I-G-A-N-T-I-C difference between cigar lines in a given brand.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
i've tried and like and have several Patels, Mx2,Italia,and brazilia.
I've tried several of the padron x000 series. Don't care much for them.
I've eyeballed the Cusano's but haven't bought do they have a rich maduro?
Love the fuente's any and all.
I'm interested in the Cusano cigars though.
Yes, Cusano 18's come with a maduro wrapper ... but the blend is much different than the conn shade wrap that I enjoy. I have not tried the maduro and have read mixed reviews.

I believe the Cusano P1 maduro is much better, but again I have not tried these.