What's new

A new Unico..and lounge.

BoneYard

Spent loot on Scotch,Women&Cigars -rest I wasted.
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I'm going to buy a couple boxes of these if I get the chance. Don't know about limits and such for purchasing but if anyone else wants in on these, leave a post here so I can gauge interest. I'm going to buy these out of pocket when I'm at the game and then let interested people, who post here, know when I get back, what all I got. First post,first serve - dale H is in already. :)

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
$14 a piece?! Tough sell to me at this point. Liga must think it's 2012 or something. Unico have been dropping in price for a while now. L40s are $175 and not selling. A part me is kind of sad to see the brand take such huge downward turn.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
I'm wondering if they will get any grief from Davidoff for their choice of name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't think they should IMO. Maybe it might cause problems, but I hope it doesn't. The reason it's called the Year of the Rat is that it has a special connection to the Florida Panthers. In 95-96, when the Panthers were making a run at the Stanley Cup one of their players (Scott Mellanby) killed a rat that was running loose in the locker room. Some how that story leaked to the press, and for the rest of the season whenever he scored a goal fans would throw rubber rats on the ice. They still do it to this day. The Panthers play in that arena.

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I'm wondering if they will get any grief from Davidoff for their choice of name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They definitely should change the name without Davidoff mentioning it. They had a problem with the "Dirty Hooligan" which got changed. And there actually is a Year of the Rat, is Davidoff suppose to call it "The Year of the Mouse" only to have DE call them up and say that's too close to their name.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I don't think they should IMO. Maybe it might cause problems, but I hope it doesn't. The reason it's called the Year of the Rat is that it has a special connection to the Florida Panthers. In 95-96, when the Panthers were making a run at the Stanley Cup one of their players (Scott Mellanby) killed a rat that was running loose in the locker room. Some how that story leaked to the press, and for the rest of the season whenever he scored a goal fans would throw rubber rats on the ice. They still do it to this day. The Panthers play in that arena.
I get the connection and think it's pretty cool. I was just wondering since Iconic Leaf, the makers of Recluse, sued K.A. Kendall over the Spider cigar which pretty much ended that. Altidas gave Tatuaje a bunch of grief over his use of the Fleur De Lis early on too. I hope they don't make a stink about it, but who knows. Maybe Swisher has better lawyers.

BoneYard

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I get the connection too, and it's a good one... But.. The first thing I thought when I saw the name was Davidoff, not 1996 panthers. I don't think this escaped DE either. It might be they are looking for some controversy, which is a pretty low way of going about it, if you ask me. But having said that, I don't really care either. Unico is one of my favorite lines and this is my favorite vitola so that's that, I'm in. lol. EZ had to change the name from inception to Jamais Vu... Maybe these will become collectors items (or maybe that's the de strategy)... oh the drama....

BoneYard

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
This could be a 4/1 prank... I really don't know. The name kinda leads me to believe it is and there is nothing I could find on the DE site about it. But then again de went through the trouble of creating exclusive bands on the foot with 20th commemorative Panthers something or other... Which seems kind of weird if it were a prank. Guess I won't know till I get there....
image.jpeg

BoneYard

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Well, it was a good game last night. Panthers come from behind win in the last seconds at 4-3 over the Canadiens.
image.jpeg
The cigars, I don't believe are a 4/1 prank (even though I didn't see them). The DE 'lounge' though was a total joke. The Humidor at the lounge was this locked paltry cabinet sitting unattended in the middle of a food court... No kiosk, no shop, no attendant nothing, just this:
image.jpeg
Nothing in there I would want to buy. Especially with the acids in there, contaminating any would be aroma.
The 'lounge' was an outdoor area, were you could smoke cigars, not unlike the other 3 areas on the ground floor of the stadium where you can also smoke cigars. Except in the lounge you are encircled by DE advertising which is really the only thing that would indicate this area is different than the others.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I asked a girl working at the drink stand in the 'lounge' if there were cigars to purchase. She said they hadn't decided yet who was selling the cigars, either the panthers, de or the vending company that had the contract on the stadium, so nothing was for sale. Which really pissed me off cause I didn't bring any cigars with me. I didn't see any year of the rats but I heard that someone had heard there was a new cigar... What a joke this all was. I wouldn't go out of your way to get here that's for sure, and DE seems pretty second rate to be this ridiculously unorganized. Still I had a good game and picked up a few short stories at the cigar shop a few miles from the stadium. Sorry folks, I tried.

Last edited:

atllogix

It's not @ Logix
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Well, it was a good game last night. Panthers come from behind win in the last seconds at 4-3 over the Canadiens.
View attachment 79651
The cigars, I don't believe are a 4/1 prank (even though I didn't see them). The DE 'lounge' though was a total joke. The Humidor at the lounge was this locked paltry cabinet sitting unattended in the middle of a food court... No kiosk, no shop, no attendant nothing, just this:
View attachment 79652
Nothing in there I would want to buy. Especially with the acids in there, contaminating any would be aroma.
The 'lounge' was an outdoor area, were you could smoke cigars, not unlike the other 3 areas on the ground floor of the stadium where you can also smoke cigars. Except in the lounge you are encircled by DE advertising which is really the only thing that would indicate this area is different than the others.
View attachment 79653
View attachment 79654
I asked a girl working at the drink stand in the 'lounge' if there were cigars to purchase. She said they hadn't decided yet who was selling the cigars, either the panthers, de or the vending company that had the contract on the stadium, so nothing was for sale. Which really pissed me off cause I didn't bring any cigars with me. I didn't see any year of the rats but I heard that someone had heard there was a new cigar... What a joke this all was. I wouldn't go out of your way to get here that's for sure, and DE seems pretty second rate to be this ridiculously unorganized. What an embarrassment they are to the Panthers and themselves. Still I had a good game and picked up a few short stories at the cigar shop a few miles from the stadium. Sorry folks, I tried.
Sounds like a joke. The whole thing sounds like a joke or halfassed. I know what you mean about places throwing the acids in a small cabinet humidor with everything else, it's that way on base and when you open it all you get is a big whiff of candy oil.