What's new

A New Way to Trade

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
So relatively new member Mitch and i decided to do a little trade today. I'm sure this has been done before, but it's certainly new to me and i think it was new to him as well. We both thought it was pretty cool. Here's how it worked.

Mitch informed me that he had something he knew I wanted because i had openly expressed that i was willing to buy or trade for. He said he wanted to trade and that he had other things he was willing to let go of as well, should i so desire. So he emails me a list of the things he has available; which i might add was a nice list of things. I look at it, pick the things i would want to trade for, email him back along with a list of things i had available. Being the geeks we are, we both had excel spreadsheets with various information on them.

He emails me back with a dollar amount of the things i want along with the various brands and lines he would like to try.

We agreed on the $ amount of the things i wanted, i made a list of the things on my list that he was interested in along with their respective MSRPs and we agreed to the trade.

It was pretty cool to pick and choose from a list of things and it was alos cool to pick out a bunch of things i thought he should try that he said he hadn't but would like to.

I'm not sure if this would work with everyone as Mitch was super easy to work with. We both agreed on the first try about the dollar amount of the sticks i wanted, so that helped out a lot. He pretty much left it up to me to give him sticks in the same dollar amount. I emailed him my proposed trades, and again, Mitch being as easy to work with as we was, agreed on the first go.

All in all, i'm a happy camper. I got some things i've been searching for as well as a few things that i wasn't aware i wanted, but certainly can't wait to get.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
It was fun and part of what made it so easy was the long list. I hate to admit that BBall's list is bigger than mine, but I had about seventy different sticks so the pickins was ripe both ways. We also kind of bunched them into groups, like these I'm willing to trade, but if you want these, it can't be easy to find stuff in trade. Also, big points to BBall on easy to work with. Works out I got at least a dozen differnt sticks coming that I haven't tried any of, some I can't just walk out and buy or wouldn't have tried.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
And for the record Mitch, my list isnt' necessarily bigger, i jsut have more singles or doubles of various sticks. you have more quantity of the sticks you have.

I'm still exploring. i know what flavors i like, it's just a matter of finding what cigars have those flavors, hence all the 1 or 2 of this, and 2 or 3 of that. Of course, exploration may never be over. darn it.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
So what will we call this:

Show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Spreadsheet for me and I'll... No forget that one.

Well, seems there should be some good name for it.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Spreadsheet for me and I'll... No forget that one.

Good ones. Spread sheet...

How 'bout EXCEL-lent trade? OK, that's cheesy.

Not so Helen Keller trade...an Un-blind trade?

Missouri trade. Missouri, the Show Me State.

Along the lines of show me...Paris Hilton Trade, in honor of her propensity to flashing her naughty bits...

Janet Jackson Trade or even a Brittany Spears Trade.

Anyhow...

package en route. USPS dc# 0306 3030 0000 7981 1265