What's new

A new winner by Davidoff!!!

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I smoked a couple. Thought they all smelled like mold (literally) before I lit them, and it was honestly hard to even light them after smelling that. Smoked it and it tasted/smelled exactly like mildew with some light earthy notes. Not going to smoke any more of these, especially not for the price.

Some people in the shop really like them, tho. And yeah, there was no mold or anything on the cigar. Just tasted exactly like mold.

TYLER

Jay Hemingway

i know because of KRS1
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i am a super big fan of davidoff. i am know as a davidoff fanatic on some of the boards i am on, he he he.
i have tried pretty much every davidoff known to man. i have boxes of many of the best davidoff smokes.

as far as the winston churchill line goes....i am not impressed.
these don't hold the wait that the davidoff white labels do.
they don't taste too bad, they are ok as far as the blend goes. the problem with these is the construction. just as stated above, the cigar fell apart. i have had about 10-15 of these in various vitolas and i think 2 out of all of them didn't crack or fall apart.
i keep my nc humi at a solid 70% humidity and these still cracked on me.
i have shared my stories with numerous BOTL's and they have all agreed with me about the construction flaws in these cigars.
i don't know what mr kelner was thinking when they are making these, but they aren't good, especially for davidoff standards.
just my opinion of course.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ya know I have never smoked a Davidoff cigar ever. Cuban or not, never had one. They don't get too much buzz around this forum, I thought they were overpriced and Davidoff isn't even alive anymore is he? When is the last time he has been involved with the cigars?